Thursday 14th June meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seriously considering sending it back. :lol: I've convinced myself it's gonna be shit for what I want it. 216mm is massive for portraits.

We'll see though.
but 135mm is alright for when you get FF, was looking at the MTF's of it the other day. 85mm would be a good portrait lens that would work with both sensor sizes i reckon.

but 135mm is alright for when you get FF, was looking at the MTF's of it the other day. 85mm would be a good portrait lens that would work with both sensor sizes i reckon.

dont know how far away that is TBH. I would not be getting a 5dmkii, thats for sure. mkiii is almost 2k more.

dont know how far away that is TBH. I would not be getting a 5dmkii, thats for sure. mkiii is almost 2k more.
i'm still humming and harring about the 7d vs the 5D ii. I'm liking this low key stuff and I fancy starting a street people collection in time, don't really need the speed of the 7D. :confused:

Sigma 85mm F1.4 gets a good right up. A few reviews I read said it was almost as sharp as the 85mm 1.2L, but a lot cheaper. Faster focusing too apparently.

i'm still humming and harring about the 7d vs the 5D ii. I'm liking this low key stuff and I fancy starting a street people collection in time, don't really need the speed of the 7D. :confused:

I personally wouldn't bother with the mkii, unless I get a cracking deal on one. IHBB is the blerk to talk to about it like, he has used both.

Personally I'm not thinking FF yet - the 7d is class it's just a shame it is a crop sensor. Not just speed like, although it helps.

Sigma 85mm F1.4 gets a good right up. A few reviews I read said it was almost as sharp as the 85mm 1.2L, but a lot cheaper. Faster focusing too apparently.

They got a good write up on the 50mm 1.4 aswell, better then the canon 1.2 L by all accounts. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

If I get finished from work on time and get to the Sage tonight, feel free to have a blast of my 5D Ross.

I personally wouldn't bother with the mkii, unless I get a cracking deal on one. IHBB is the blerk to talk to about it like, he has used both.

Personally I'm not thinking FF yet - the 7d is class it's just a shame it is a crop sensor. Not just speed like, although it helps.

They got a good write up on the 50mm 1.4 aswell, better then the canon 1.2 L by all accounts. :eek:
I'll probably go for the 7D but mainly due to the fact of my Tokie will be a bit useless on FF and I'll feel like I've wasted it then step up to the mk. iii when the mk. iv comes out.

If I get finished from work on time and get to the Sage tonight, feel free to have a blast of my 5D Ross.
cheers mate

my 135mm is not here yet, due today though. What you got like, 70-200 f/4 L?

fingers crossed.

I got a lend of a 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L

:cool::cool: it's class

Ross - don't get hung up on the wide angle with the 7d. I did the same with the Sigma wide angle, and wish I hadn't. The 7d handles better than the 5dII - but the pictures are better out of the 5. I wish I'd pushed a bit harder - but the 5d was loads more than the 7 when I got it. If you're thing is more studio based, the 5d really is the way to go.

I'm hanging onto my 7 for now, but FF all the way for the next upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
fingers crossed.

One lens I regret getting rid of. Loved the "dust pump".

I have the Sigma and love it. I updated my camera firmware yesterday though and every now and then it's not auto focusing for some reason. Not sure if it would be something to do with the firmware or not. Starts working as soon as it's flicked to manual then back to auto focus :neutral:

fingers crossed.

Ross - don't get hung up on the wide angle with the 7d. I did the same with the Sigma wide angle, and wish I hadn't. The 7d handles better than the 5dII - but the pictures are better out of the 5. I wish I'd pushed a bit harder - but the 5d was loads more than the 7 when I got it. If you're thing is more studio based, the 5d really is the way to go.

I'm hanging onto my 7 for now, but FF all the way for the next upgrade.
don't confuse me even more man :confused:

I have the Sigma and love it. I updated my camera firmware yesterday though and every now and then it's not auto focusing for some reason. Not sure if it would be something to do with the firmware or not. Starts working as soon as it's flicked to manual then back to auto focus :neutral:

you have the 50mm aswell?

I hope you lot will be speaking English tonight mind. I haven't understood a word of the last 20 posts.

Logon or register to see this image

It will sharp pass. Spectacularly named as 'gearfaggotry' on the graph. Occurs aroundabout the same time as the HDR hole :eek::lol::lol:

Iain Hesford's Bait Box said:
It will sharp pass. Spectacularly named as 'gearfaggotry' on the graph. Occurs aroundabout the same time as the HDR hole :eek::lol::lol:

I'll be an excellent subject for the June comp tonight. My glazed over look will really tell the viewer that Steeeeed is very confused.

speaking of which, has your lens turned up?

no mate, there office closed at 4pm aswell. Still time i guess, tis usually UPS.

It was a bank transfer from Monday they said it had cleared this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back