Thunder warning

Just got our dinner, ended up pumping a couple of flooded houses out. We’ve been told to stay on station as they’re expecting a repeat performance

Got caught in traffic as someone had aquaplaned into the central reservation on the A1 then the heavens opened. Ended up late for a meeting and got soaked walking from the car to the office. The bloke I was meeting was killing himself laughing when I came running in looking like a drowned rat :oops:

Got caught in traffic as someone had aquaplaned into the central reservation on the A1 then the heavens opened. Ended up late for a meeting and got soaked walking from the car to the office. The bloke I was meeting was killing himself laughing when I came running in looking like a drowned rat :oops:
how's your day? :lol:

Went for our shopping to Aldi at Doxford Park and I got soaked through just from the door to the car with the trolley.
My husband was fine as I’d left him in the car listening to the cricket :)

Lived in the same house for 23 years, and though I have seen bit and bobs of flooding I have never seen a depth of watter like this. It's almost as if drainage was put right at the bottom of the list when council expenditure was cut @Wilfy

Last time I saw rain like that was the flash floods in Newcastle about 6 year ago. Sunderland got it today, Barnes park road was like the river wear for an hour at least. The drains held up well tbh, no drainage will accept that amount of water falling such a short space of time. I reckon they'll be a lot of flood damage tonight. Mental.

Back