Thrifty folk of the SMB

Discussion in 'SMB' started by lurker, Jan 12, 2018.

1. JAZZMANB

JAZZMANB Striker

Always did with my first drinking gang,suppose its five at the bar instead of one etc
    The match lads i drink with do rounds so you get caught occasionally

2. dcl0sc

dcl0sc Striker

Aye, he loves a Jock in him!

AndrewP likes this.
  3. JAZZMANB

JAZZMANB Striker

Who would make themselves crap sarnies ? as for fresh,where's fresh ? you have to get in your car and drive somewhere (in my case) then its a garage/supermarket/greggs/subway,hardly fresh.I Take salad tupperware boxes,full lettuce/salad at start of week,pepperoni,bacon,chicken grilled on morning while eating your breakfast.chuck in foil,throw into box with lettuce and mayo at lunchtime.

4. Keith S30S

Keith S30S Inside right Staff Member Contributor

Asda chicken ticka stuff in a pot for sandwiches is lovely mind. I have it every other day at work.

5. JAZZMANB

JAZZMANB Striker

Gone off most take away stuff,always a bit of a let down.I prefer frozen pizzas with my add ons to take away ones.Don't miss dining out apart from Indian sitty downs

6. The bread/baguette goes weird if you make them the night before and making them in the morning is a pain. Particularly if you have to arse about cooking stuff.

If you have no options fair enough but I'd much rather go to a cafe/sandwich shop every day.

7. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Striker

No more pain than going to the bog which is done several times during.

One of my annoyances at the bar from round drinkers is when they order a pint of say carling then bar tender says 'anything else' then orders a john smiths. Comes back, "owt else" and a guiness. Why not just order all 3 at the same time and a capable bar tender will be able to do all 3 at the same time.

I make my sarnie when i get up in morning. It only takes a couple of minutes. Its not just its loads cheaper but also made how i like it. I find shop ones have too much butter on for example.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  8. JAZZMANB

JAZZMANB Striker

Complete opposite for me,set the grill away,sort yourself wash/clothes,breakfast etc done.Going to cafes/vans/sarny shops is queues,slowness,crap choice,time i havent got, all equalling stress when its your break.Thats not mentioning the cost.Do it occasionally mind you but always have a story to tell when i get back."we're waiting for chips" :mad:

Le Chuck likes this.
  9. taipeisafc

taipeisafc Winger

Isn't a Hull / Grimsby thing? Two lads I knocked around with at University were from Hull / Cleethorpes and they both called it a Pack Up. Was always "Bait" for me

10. sproates33

sproates33 Striker

Aye i love an Indians mind, My Dad cant half knock a good curry up though, they are almost identical to what you can get from a Takeaway but its took years and years of practice so trying to learn it all from him :lol:

11. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

I prefer my own sandwiches anyway so win-win.

12. Forrest Gump

Forrest Gump Central Defender

Punk IPA arl owa

Some Random Guy likes this.
  13. Frijj

Frijj Striker

Well I was living in North Yorkshire in 2014, and live in South Yorkshire now :lol:

14. Sykes The Pop Man

Sykes The Pop Man Central Defender

I only get my hair cut off lasses with class tits. £10 haircut and £5 tip. They are class though.

15. The Voice Of Reason

The Voice Of Reason Striker Staff Member Contributor

10 pund the clip of yea

You have been had ......

Sykes The Pop Man likes this.
  16. muggboots

muggboots Striker

There's loads of wetsuit walleted fuckers on here.

@Tunstall bairnman won't spend a fucking penny on blobs. Does that count?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  17. Ludwig

Ludwig Midfield Contributor

Bet it was Small or xxxL :evil:

WhoAreYa73 likes this.
  18. WhoAreYa73

WhoAreYa73 Midfield

Was large surprisingly mate. More of a spring fleece though, not owa thick.

Ludwig likes this.
  19. I don't think you can go 20 posts without reminding everybody that you love a drink

Epping likes this.
  20. Bad_mother

Bad_mother Striker

Me
    I hate waste.....

Make and mend stuff, YouTube repair videos are ace. I've learnt how to fix all sorts.
    Recycle loads, grow my own food, keep hens, home brew.
    Always take a packup (I'm from Yorkshire) to work, but there's nowhere near to buy lunch except a petrol station.
    Rarely buy new clothes unless they're essential... Stuff I buy is quality though.... "Buy cheap, buy twice"

Epping and janiep like this.