1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thrifty folk of the SMB

Discussion in 'SMB' started by lurker, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Frijj

Frijj Striker Contributor

Pack up. Packed lunch.

It's when you take food...from home...to work with you. To eat.

2. Jimmer13

Jimmer13 Central Defender

You win hand down still in last years gear...in yer Avatar :lol::lol:

lurker likes this.
  3. Bishop Mackem

Bishop Mackem Striker

Who the fuck calls it a pack up you pervert

HABA87, KarenDent, James and 2 others like this.
  4. Slow joe

Slow joe Full Back

Ah a packed lunch. You should have said.

5. Goat Eyes

Goat Eyes Striker

100% of the occupants of the Frijj household call it that which means that’s it’s true.

Mackem00, KarenDent and Bishop Mackem like this.
  6. dcl0sc

dcl0sc Striker

@tooliohelmet is as tight as a fishes arsehole!

AndrewP likes this.
  7. Frijj

Frijj Striker Contributor

@Spot calls it a pack up.

Actually, this is embarrassing. I said this in 2014:

8. Goat Eyes

Goat Eyes Striker

Haha! Brilliant.

HABA87 likes this.
  9. Paddy O'Dors

Paddy O'Dors Striker

I once got on a Megabus from Portsmouth to Sunderland that cost about a fiver. Would have been about £15 with National Express but took 6 hours less. I was absolutely destitute at the time mind.

I also did once fly from Malaga to Gatwick via Olso to save £30. Added 7 hours onto the journey. I can say I've been to Norway though.

Usually I spend spend spend though.

lurker and Frijj like this.
  10. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

That's what anyone with sense does. Save £50 a month no bother.

It'll be his inner jock.

11. JAZZMANB

JAZZMANB Striker

Bait

12. lurker

lurker Winger

Depends if you work next to an amazing sandwich shop or in a city centre though. Definitely something I’ve done in the past.

Packed lunches aren’t what I was after though, I want to hear stories of people using tea bags 3 times, people taking the fuse out of the boiler before they go on a business trip so their wife needs to wear a coat indoors.

JAZZMANB likes this.
  13. JAZZMANB

JAZZMANB Striker

More practical than thrifty but nearly always linked with money saving.Bit planning for the week ahead,healthy cheap food you enjoy ,sorted

My mate coasting in 1 gear and refusing to brake wherever possible,switching engine off on hills

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  14. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

They just sound like twats. Tea bags are dirt cheap and weak tea is pointless.

My car turns the engine off itself at traffic lights and stuff. It seems pretty pointless, surely it doesn't save much fuel.

15. JAZZMANB

JAZZMANB Striker

Mine too,Maybe does save a bit ,turning it off on a hill renders the brake servo useless which my mate found out at the bottom.

AndrewP likes this.
  16. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Striker

I never understand the obsession with rounds. People turn out & go home at different times and drink at different speeds. I just buy my own as its just more practical.

17. DurhamRedStripe

DurhamRedStripe Goalkeeper

Bait, pack up is the East Yorkshire version.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Keith S30S likes this.
  18. sproates33

sproates33 Striker

Agree with you on eating out, some people go out and eat at shit restaurants that you could easily make something better than with a little bit of effort.

Like you say the only ‘takeaway’ that cant be replicated for me is proper Fish and Chips with scraps, I dont use a fryer so thats the only thing i feel like im gettig value for money food wise.

Dont get me wrong, I do like eating out but i never really feel its worth whatever we have paid unless you go somewhere outstanding and then you are paying through the roof anyway.

AndrewP likes this.
  19. James

James Striker

Just get in a round with one or two people who drink at similar speeds. Going to the bar all the time must be a pain, there's nowt better than seeing your mate bring you a pint over while you finish off the previous one. :cool:

Mackem00 and Keith S30S like this.
  20. I really couldn't be arsed with it. More cleaning to do in the house. If it's sandwiches they are always shit compared to fresh ones and if it's something to heat up then you need to wait ages for a microwave at work.