Three weeks without food

Weird innit.

Went out for a mates leaving do recently and they all decided to go for a burger and chips at five guys after 6 pints..... I think i picked at a few chips but I certainly was not a fan.

Just makes me tired tbh

Remind me of boxing day 2015. Me and around 10 mates went to Sedgefield races. Sunk loads of pints and went to a pub in Bishop Middleham called the Cross keys. We all had a huge meal (the steak and ale pie is mint from there) . Had planned to go to Durham afterwards for the night out... Anyway fast-forward an hour and 4 of them were asleep, the rest of us shattered. Safe to say we didn't go to Durham!

Went on a 10 day fast just liquids bottled water oxo and bone broth lost 20 pounds first few days were rough but after that, no bother never felt weak or anything they reckon it takes about 3-4 days for ketosis to start (when the body starts to burn it's stored fat ...when i started to eat again just fruit and soups for a few days then ate as normal

That doesn't sound right, has anyone here ever gone a day without food? bet you felt peckish.
I do it regularly when away on a job. Sometimes a couple of days.
It's no bi deal.
You get used to it.

Went on a 10 day fast just liquids bottled water oxo and bone broth lost 20 pounds first few days were rough but after that, no bother never felt weak or anything they reckon it takes about 3-4 days for ketosis to start (when the body starts to burn it's stored fat ...when i started to eat again just fruit and soups for a few days then ate as normal
What was that for bud? Weight loss? Religious? Spiritual?

What was that for?

Had a pepetic ulcer that was about to burst and then later had to have a camera down once they’d managed to shrink it. Week in hospital.

I was on a drip like so it’s not as if I was starving to death, although it felt like it at times. Lost a fuck load of weight and then piled on twice as much in the month after I got out.

Basically never shifted it and that was about ten years ago now.

Had a pepetic ulcer that was about to burst and then later had to have a camera down once they’d managed to shrink it. Week in hospital.

I was on a drip like so it’s not as if I was starving to death, although it felt like it at times. Lost a fuck load of weight and then piled on twice as much in the month after I got out.

Basically never shifted it and that was about ten years ago now.
Sounds nasty.

Remind me of boxing day 2015. Me and around 10 mates went to Sedgefield races. Sunk loads of pints and went to a pub in Bishop Middleham called the Cross keys. We all had a huge meal (the steak and ale pie is mint from there) . Had planned to go to Durham afterwards for the night out... Anyway fast-forward an hour and 4 of them were asleep, the rest of us shattered. Safe to say we didn't go to Durham!
Wasted night.

Fuck food at times like.

I can't understand folk who eat mid-sesh. :lol:
I always try to have a sarnie before i go out. But if not sometimes the hunger pangs make further drinking impossible and a quick sossige sarnie from the bakers oven is required.

I do it regularly when away on a job. Sometimes a couple of days.
It's no bi deal.
You get used to it.

What was that for bud? Weight loss? Religious? Spiritual?
What jobs are those? When I went offshore all everyone did was stuff their face and smoke fags. I accidentally didn’t pick up my bait the first day but some Rab C Nesbit type came to my aid as he had half of Greggs in his bag.

Last edited:
I always try to have a sarnie before i go out. But if not sometimes the hunger pangs make further drinking impossible and a quick sossige sarnie from the bakers oven is required.

What jobs are those? When I went offshore all everyone did was stuff their face and smoke fags. I accidentally didn’t pick up my bait the first day but some Rab C Nesbit type came to my aid as he had half of Greggs in his bag.
Not on about offshore bud, even you wouldn't eat the scran on some of the ships I go on.
;)

Back