Three months to get fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flip

Winger
Any advice - I'm about 1.5 stone overweight and want to lose weight. I can't run due to calf problems any good websites, training programs, logs etc

Any help greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Great cheers Stevie
No probs let us know if you need help finding the calculators.

I think that I used one from the iifym website. I was about 12 stones in weight - office job, average height etc and was consuming about 1600 cals per day and lost about 1.5 stones.

The recommended amount to lose is about 1lb per week I think which should be possible for your goal.

Your not getting fit, your just loosing weight. Try incorporating some exercise into your lifestyle. If you can't do impact exercises then try swimming or ellipticals. Get out and walk more. Otherwise you will just be a skinny unfit person.

Cheers gents - Ive even dragged my self to the gym to do some weights and low impact cardio. I'm really impressed with the myfitnesspal app

Flip - I've got fused bones in my neck so cannot now undertake running due to the impact. That said, I'm 6 weeks into Joe Wicks SSS 90 plan, month 1 I lost 1 stone 4lbs. I undertook 30 mins 5 times a week in the gym (including warm up and down) - low impact but HIIT which gets you blowing our your arse (40 seconds exercise, 20 seconds rest). Month 2 has added weights as well as the exercises from last month and now in gym for 50 mins 4 times a week. Food is excellent, never hungry and has made me think about what and how much goes into my gob. Month 3 is supposed to be back to month 1 with more exercises.

I'd recommend it, they tell me how much to eat and what and what exercises to undertake - I can follow instructions and find it much easier than trying to cobble something together myself - I'm 55 this year and never felt better (I look like I'm about to die when I've finished in the gym btw :)

Three weeks in and still going to gym, off tabs and eating muchg better with myfitnesspal. Cut out loads of snacks but tend to get starving at about 20:00 each night. I'm using the new everyone active at Washington and I'm actually quite impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back