Three mobile, unlimited data

D

Deleted member 559

Looking at a new phone, and see that you can get unlimited data, including tethering other devices at a reasonable price.

This sounds perfect to have the equivalent of unlimited home broadband, without having to get a landline installed.

Oh wise SMBfolk, has anyone got any good or bad experiences of this?

Thanks in advance, I await the onslaught of comic as well as useful answers.

PS already formatted the fucker, and shit in the charging port.

Can’t speak for 3 as a service provider but would encourage you to consider the XS for the phone.

The face scanning saves me literally seconds per day. Over the course of a month I build up enough saved time to check the tyre pressure.

The XS is genuinely a life changer

Can’t speak for 3 as a service provider but would encourage you to consider the XS for the phone.

The face scanning saves me literally seconds per day. Over the course of a month I build up enough saved time to check the tyre pressure.

The XS is genuinely a life changer
With time savings like that, I would be so far ahead of myself, I may meet myself coming back.

With time savings like that, I would be so far ahead of myself, I may meet myself coming back.

Sounds like you’ll be coming back to the future.

Was going to add a joke about Marty McFlie having a horny mam but feels inappropriate. Unless you’re into that then you can watch some family fun on the best screen ever added to a phone

Looking at a new phone, and see that you can get unlimited data, including tethering other devices at a reasonable price.

This sounds perfect to have the equivalent of unlimited home broadband, without having to get a landline installed.

How much are they charging?

Read the small print.. What is unlimited data? - Managing data - Internet & apps - Support - Three
"Unlimited data gives you worry free internet use. Even if you used your phone for every minute of every day you could only use, subject to TrafficSense™, around 1000GB each month. We may use this cap to identify inappropriate use of the service, such as commercial use, which isn't permitted under our terms and conditions."

So it's capped at 1000gb, which is quite a lot but may be an issue for some people.

You can get unlimited, no-contract home broadband from TalkTalk for £20 a month. It's pay monthly, and if wish to quit the service you just stop paying.

What contract is that as I though 3 had stopped the unlimited data. My friend used to have it on PAYG £15 a month rather than broadband and I could hotspot onto it . As for the network it's pretty good I've found as my son's is on and the customer service has been spot on. We lost signal for about 10 days something to do with the mast and ended up being refunded his contract for the month.

I have all you can eat data with 3 and it was invaluable while I was working up Shetland when everyone else was struggling with the accommodation Wi-Fi but they do have an acceptable use policy so read up on that first.

The tethering is capped at 20/30gb...

Not intending going nuts with usage.

Don’t have a landline, in rented property. Paying £41 for 5gb with EE. Found Galaxy s8 plus, unlimited data, £40

Not intending going nuts with usage.

Don’t have a landline, in rented property. Paying £41 for 5gb with EE. Found Galaxy s8 plus, unlimited data, £40

How much more date would you need than the 5gb with EE? I never use up my full 4gb and use data lot between meetings every day.
They might have a terrible website but their network and service are the best by a mile and would personally sacrifice some data to stay.

Also if you know anyone working at Morrison’s, they get a sharable 20% off with EE.

Might see if the missus still knows her ma’s voucher code

How much more date would you need than the 5gb with EE? I never use up my full 4gb and use data lot between meetings every day.
They might have a terrible website but their network and service are the best by a mile and would personally sacrifice some data to stay.

Also if you know anyone working at Morrison’s, they get a sharable 20% off with EE.

Might see if the missus still knows her ma’s voucher code
Works out at less than 200mb per day. By the time I have gone on a youtube adventure, updated any apps, browsed on here, and playing on simbuildit, it goes very quickly.

Had 3 for the business mobile for work phone and it was shit. Dropped calls all the time but the home mobile was fine on o2 in the same location.

Now have just the one phone for work and home with o2 and no issues.

Back