Three Girls - BBC1 - Rochdale abuse dramatisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've said I don't know if they were practicing, but it's safe to assume they are from a Muslim background.

If they came out as atheists it would render my theory void.

But Islam doesn't say it's okay to abuse kids.

Are you suggesting if there were some who didn't believe in Allah they'd not have did what they did? Bollocks that like. It was clearly a race thing (disregard for white "trash").

Also, in the Rotherham case there were two white women involved, and I don't think they were Muslims.

But Islam doesn't say it's okay to abuse kids
A controversial statement when you know the age of mo's bride and his command to take women as your right hand possessions.

It is possible there is a link.

Anyway, I'm getting Rotherham mixed up with Rochdale, which the op is about. The delivery driver in the program was clearly a practicing muslim.

Are you suggesting if there were some who didn't believe in Allah they'd not have did what they did?
No, I'm not suggesting that.

Also, in the Rotherham case there were two white women involved, and I don't think they were Muslims.
In the Rochdale case, one of the young lasses was pimping her mates out. These gangs could influence people.

Last edited:
A controversial statement when you know the age of mo's bride and his command to take women as your right hand possessions.

Anyway, I'm getting Rotherham mixed up with Rochdale, which the op is about. The delivery driver in the program was clearly a practicing muslim.

No, I'm not suggesting that.

Yep, some were definitely Muslim, one was a preacher. I'm saying it's not a clear case of saying it's down to Islam that's all. .

As part of the widespread investigation 53 men were arrested, 50 of them were Muslims. Along with two white women who also weren't Muslims.

Whether saying they are Muslim means from a Muslim background or actively practicing/believing I have no idea.

I stand by my opinion it is a race thing not a religious thing (although I also concede not every girl was "white British" so that's not a water tight view either).

Last edited:

Well you did spend the first part of today most concerned that it's the white gangs who exploit the really young kids whilst arguing that 'muslims' go after kids of the age that Adam Johnson was attracted into grooming. You were most adamant about this. If they were following the orders of their prophet regarding 9yr olds then shirly this would be the other way round? I suspect you're talking bollocks.

Last edited:
Well you did spend the first part of today most concerned that it's the white gangs who exploit the really young kids whilst arguing that 'muslims' go after kids of the age that Adam Johnson was attracted grooming. You were most adamant about this. If they were following the orders of their prophet regarding 9yr olds then shirly this would be the other way round? I suspect you're taking bollocks.

Ooof

Not as much as you don't want them to be muslims.

You can't say that they were Muslims because you don't know. Having glanced at their ethnicity, you've drawn a conclusion about them as a group based on that and that alone. I'd say you've quite a racist attitude by the sounds of it. Why are you racist?

You can't say that they were Muslims because you don't know. Having glanced at their ethnicity, you've drawn a conclusion about them as a group based on that and that alone. I'd say you've quite a racist attitude by the sounds of it. Why are you racist?
I think it's a fair assumption based on press reports and the far larger Muslim population

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that, there absolutely was that complacency and I 100% agree with your post. Those people - police, social services - took the piss on the public purse. Can't tell you how angry it makes me. My point about Afzal was that he called this out for what it was, and also blamed parts of the Muslim community too.
Many young girls became victims of this sexual abuse because they were also victims of the social backgrounds they were brought up in. Chaotic and unstable backgrounds caused by factors such as deprivation, lack of education and family breakdown, social division and neglect, lack of positive role models, etc.
There are many young people neglected by society, authorities, politicians and family due to being unfortunate enough to be born in certain postcodes.
As a society to allow this neglect to continue is shameful. Much more needs to be done to deal with social division of the underclass and the issues and inequalities in the postcode lottery of birthplace.

I think it's a fair assumption based on press reports and the far larger Muslim population

I don't think it's fair to assume anything if the result means an entire faith is tarnished as a consequence. I've said it before in here to much derision but the one thing that tied them all together wasnt race or religion it was the fact they worked in the night time economy. That's just the facts.

I suppose my point is that no one is deriding every taxi driver, pizza deliverer or fast food shop worker and rightly not. These were individuals who associated together, the reason why is largely irrelevant, the way they behaved is what should be focused on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's fair to assume anything if the result means an entire faith is tarnished as a consequence. I've said it before in here to much derision but the one thing that tied them all together wasnt race or religion it was the fact they worked in the night time economy. That's just the facts.

I suppose my point is that no one is deriding every taxi driver, pizza deliverer or fast food shop worker and rightly not. These were individuals who associated together, the reason why is largely irrelevant, the way they behaved is what should be focused on.
Well said.

I stand by my opinion it is a race thing not a religious thing (although I also concede not every girl was "white British" so that's not a water tight view either).
And this. Gang rape in Pakistan is not religion based, it's honour based - using an honour culture to justify the unjustifiable. The absurd logical conclusion of 'she was asking for it'.

Last edited:
Well you did spend the first part of today most concerned that it's the white gangs who exploit the really young kids whilst arguing that 'muslims' go after kids of the age that Adam Johnson was attracted into grooming. You were most adamant about this. If they were following the orders of their prophet regarding 9yr olds then shirly this would be the other way round? I suspect you're talking bollocks.

Well, given they aren't actually paedophiles I wouldn't expect them to go after 9 year olds, but the fact the prophet did have a child bride may make older children acceptable to them.

That said, I suspect if there is a link to religion, it is more likely it is looking down on the kuffur and treating women as right hand possessions.

Only a complete bellend would think it was racist to assume someone of Pakistani heritage is likely to be Muslim.

Well, given they aren't actually paedophiles I wouldn't expect them to go after 9 year olds, but the fact the prophet did have a child bride may make older children acceptable to them.

That said, I suspect if there is a link to religion, it is more likely it is looking down on the kuffur and treating women as right hand possessions.

Points for picking shit out of clay, I suppose.

Besides. We're getting away from the point a bit, which I think was that muslim fella quoted earlier who said...

I do feel that there’s a deficit of leadership in some parts of the Muslim community. They could be much more challenging of certain behaviours". He attributed the attacks to "evil men", saying that the key driver was "male power

I think he talked sense.

Last edited:
if this thread's owt to gan by mate it sounds like a grim but canny wetch that'll stimulate some discussion between me and the nephew there. will catch it on the old iplayer

One thing I didn't understand. Why did they need to do a dna test on the foetus when two of the girls had baby's. Surely they could have done dna tests on them to determine the father.

One thing I didn't understand. Why did they need to do a dna test on the foetus when two of the girls had baby's. Surely they could have done dna tests on them to determine the father.
Eh. Of course they need to test the baby to find out the father or am I misunderstanding your question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back