Three Girls - BBC1 - Rochdale abuse dramatisation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inbred prejudice of what? Just because we have a small minority of racists doesn't mean we should paper over what went on and shy away from the issues that exist in the communities were these crimes occurred all over the country.
not the point I was making at all

yours is a different point which I agree with

there are so many of these muslim grooming gangs operating in the UK today I`m surprised this isn't a 50 part dramatisation
There are also white British grooming gangs. They're all cuñts regardless of their religion.

Think some people are confusing Rochdale in Lancashire with Rotherham in South Yorkshire. The main thing it shows was how the police and social services blamed the girls because of their lifestyle describing them as 'child prostitutes' . The Maxine Peake character called it right when she said there is no such thing as a child prostitute just an abused child.

What was the difference between the two? Genuine question.

Also, re the tv drama, did the white people in Amber's house know what was going on?

Last edited:
What was the difference between the two? Genuine question.

Also, re the tv drama, did the white people in Amber's house know what was going on?
The Three Girls drama is based on events which took place in Rochdale, Lancashire. I read interviews with the women the characters are based on which were quite harrowing. They believed the men they were involved with were their boyfriends , they had children by them and initially the police could get them to lay charges and testify against those who were exploiting them. It was only when the extent of abuse became known that the women were persuaded to give evidence. Hard as it is to believe there are families who don't care what their children are doing. The characters Amber and Ruby were classed as being at risk.

Woman at work , her daughter studied in Bradford for 2 years and said young white women were constantly being harassed by Asian men and had to be careful how dressed

Woman at work , her daughter studied in Bradford for 2 years and said young white women were constantly being harassed by Asian men and had to be careful how dressed

Worked in Bradford. Did see this happen. Mind you it was in the red light area behind the pub!!

As for elsewhere in Bradford including the areas where students resided got to say the term constant is being abused here & any harassment of young females cut across all cultures if anything

Used to hear quite a lot of stories about Bradford vast majority of which were untrue & usually sprouted by someone who had never been there & had heard it from someone else.

Episode 2 was very very good - devastating to watch though. Harrowing stuff.
Very powerful. Lesley Sharp seems to be getting thinner and thinner however. The court proceedings will be interesting, 9 defendants and 9 defence lawyers. I can't imagine what that must have been like for the victims to go through.

Worked in Bradford. Did see this happen. Mind you it was in the red light area behind the pub!!

As for elsewhere in Bradford including the areas where students resided got to say the term constant is being abused here & any harassment of young females cut across all cultures if anything

Used to hear quite a lot of stories about Bradford vast majority of which were untrue & usually sprouted by someone who had never been there & had heard it from someone else.

I agree to some extent but there was and is clearly serious issues within the Pakistani communities with attitudes towards young white women.

People within these communities knew what was going on and said/did nothing.

Last edited:
I agree to some extent but there was and is clearly serious issues within the Pakistani communities with attitudes towards young white women.

I work with an Asian girl who is British but family originate from Pakistan she constantly says 'I hate pakis' when I say you can't say that she says she can because she is one. Also said she hates visiting family in Pakistan as the men just grab hold of you and touch you up.
However some of the nicest people I've ever met are Muslim so they certainly aren't all like that but it seems from certain areas of Pakistan they have no respect for any women and it's the way they've been brought up going back years.

Careful you will get labeled as a racist.
The truth is the vast majority of sex offenders are white in our country they are getting much less air time than the ethnic minorities of late especially in the social media.Another truth is is that there is a big problem with Asian grooming gangs in this country. Is the Asian community more tolerable of sex offenders from their own culture or do they even see them as criminals ? If the prophet Mohammid took a bride at the age of nine what does this put in the minds of asian men who practise Islam.
I will no doubt be called a rascist from the far left and a tree hugger from the far right.

Careful you will get labeled as a racist.
The truth is the vast majority of sex offenders are white in our country they are getting much less air time than the ethnic minorities of late especially in the social media.Another truth is is that there is a big problem with Asian grooming gangs in this country. Is the Asian community more tolerable of sex offenders from their own culture or do they even see them as criminals ? If the prophet Mohammid took a bride at the age of nine what does this put in the minds of asian men who practise Islam.
I will no doubt be called a rascist from the far left and a tree hugger from the far right.
Racist ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back