Three dead after caravan travels wrong way

What the fuck was he thinking??? He’s in the f***ing outside lane!

My ex used to use reading glasses for driving . She passed her test 1st time and was the crappest most terrifying driver I've ever been in a car with .

Well the examiner wouldn’t have wanted to get back in a car with her, would he.....

I've come across two instances of cars coming at me on a dual carriageways, and both times the driver knew they were going the wrong way, and kept heading that way instead of turning round or just stopping. Its not just a mistake at a junction or turn, its a failure to realise what they have to do after the event. Continuing driving is mental. Someone say they were foreign ?

Edit. There is an old bloke in his mid eighties just along the road from me who has just this year gave up his licence. I know for a fact that his eyesight was terrible 10 years ago.

Last edited:
There's no excuse for not getting the correct geps.
Eye tests are free for older people and you can get glasses for less than a tenner a pair.

I've come across two instances of cars coming at me on a dual carriageways, and both times the driver knew they were going the wrong way, and kept heading that way instead of turning round or just stopping. Its not just a mistake at a junction or turn, its a failure to realise what they have to do after the event. Continuing driving is mental. Someone say they were foreign ?

Edit. There is an old bloke in his mid eighties just along the road from me who has just this year gave up his licence. I know for a fact that his eyesight was terrible 10 years ago.

I think that may have been a tongue in cheek comment on here. There haven't been any names released as yet, as far as I'm aware.

There should be regular tests, agreed. It also seems daft that until June this year, learners were passing their tests and then going out on moyorways with no training in motorway driving.

On the other hand, I'm not sure a driving test could legislate for someone managing to get down an exit road on to a motorway and then keep driving at 60mph against the traffic.
True but hopefully regular tests would identify general issues such as awareness..fitness to drive and competance, which if they save one life would be worthwhile..i have a feeling they would prevent many more accidents happening...

I do think that it needs to happen. Your reflexes and eyesight, never mind other things.

However, there are plenty young drivers who are just as bloody dangerous on the roads.

The standard of driving has become terrible over the last 10 years or so.
New drivers should be limited to a 1 litre engine tops for the first 3 years then 1.4and so on . It's still a 100 mile an hour killing machine but stops them getting behind the wheel of something much more powerful straight away. The elderly should have to retake tests every year after 65.

New drivers should be limited to a 1 litre engine tops for the first 3 years then 1.4and so on . It's still a 100 mile an hour killing machine but stops them getting behind the wheel of something much more powerful straight away. The elderly should have to retake tests every year after 65.
Most 1 litres these days have better performance than a 1.4

Nippy as fuck those 3 door fiesta 1 litre eco boost

I saw an old bloke do that on a dual carriageway. I saw a car looking odd ahead and started to slow. He had come down the slip-road the wrong way, went side on to the traffic when I saw him, then turned into the oncoming traffic. I was in the fast lane and thankfully the bloke next to me who I was overtaking it saw it too. We exchanged a quick glance, and slowed down side by side to block the road.

The old bloke drove up to us, looked at us for a bit, did a 3 point turn and went back off up the sliproad as if it were all in a normal days drive. I wish I had not been so shocked that I filmed it or took his registration. The local traffic police should have baan having a word about giving up driving.

Is this type of thing becoming more prevalent? I saw a car pull out if the junction at Moorhouse Scout camp last bommy night the wrong way down the A690. It's not something I'd ever witnessed before.

Is this type of thing becoming more prevalent? I saw a car pull out if the junction at Moorhouse Scout camp last bommy night the wrong way down the A690. It's not something I'd ever witnessed before.
It's 30 years since I saw it happen. On the A690 / A1M roundabout . Possibly the same twerp .

Back