Those with kids...

How we doing? 5 months in now and into the home stretch. Kids 100% mentally changed by this. Absolute torture now with 25 days to go. They are virtually killing each other now.

Never wanted time to go faster as much as now.

some days really enjoy it some days struggle like fuck our lass has worked all the way though im self employed so my business which was booming and makes a lot more than the wife does but for jobe security ive had to freeze my business to look after the bairn and fuck me its hard got me down as i feel im letting him down

How we doing? 5 months in now and into the home stretch. Kids 100% mentally changed by this. Absolute torture now with 25 days to go. They are virtually killing each other now.

.. Mine seems fine. Doesn't see her friends very much but is connected with them no probs virtually. We tend to see family more than friends atm. ..

.. Saying that it's cost me a fortune in Robucks, and no doubt it will affect different kids and kids of different ages differently, especially when they dont have brothers and sisters etc ...

.. Mine seems fine. Doesn't see her friends very much but is connected with them no probs virtually. We tend to see family more than friends atm. ..

.. Saying that it's cost me a fortune in Robucks, and no doubt it will affect different kids and kids of different ages differently, especially when they dont have brothers and sisters etc ...

Ive got three and In some ways its worse.. a range of ages. My young lad has probably been fine as he can occupy himself more. The oldest two are just bored. They cant think to sit and do a bit of something educational so they just act daft
Its horrible.

One 3 year old so I'm not really affected. Just been bored at times. Really feel for people who have 2+ kids of school age. Also feel for the parents breaking the news to kids who have had to cancel holidays. I know there are worse situations out there but that's a common one that'll be affecting people at the moment.

Home schooling was a bit challenging as other half went into work throughout. Latterly she's been board and missing school friends big time

Looking forward to her mixing back at school in September as she loves school.

I do have some concerns that full class sizes in September might be 1 step forward, 2 steps back mind...

Home schooling was a bit challenging as other half went into work throughout. Latterly she's been board and missing school friends big time

Looking forward to her mixing back at school in September as she loves school.

I do have some concerns that full class sizes in September might be 1 step forward, 2 steps back mind...

Did you manage much home schooling? We struggled with our eldest as she doesnt enjoy things like Maths and things she doesnt have interest in. We barely did much in the end.

Did you manage much home schooling? We struggled with our eldest as she doesnt enjoy things like Maths and things she doesnt have interest in. We barely did much in the end.

Similar to be honest, she was enthusiastic for 2/3 weeks... really shows how well children can learn together

One plus side was the amount of time I got to spend with my daughter, really nice overall. In fact will miss her when she attends school in a few weeks

She's up and down. She really misses hanging around with her mates at school and knocking round with her mates who live nearby.

She's gutted we didn't go on holiday with her brother as she's close to him.

She's started joining in with my home gym stuff and she's enjoying that and we've just got a new puppy so he keeps her busy.

Mine went back before the summer holiday and are loving being off again. Got good family support and the wife (no) managed to get her hours reduced to 3 days whilst they are off. A bit worried they are eating too much mind.

Both of mine no bother, 8 and 4. Was the oldests birthday today and we had 6 friends round to play in garden. They’re all fine. Kids are mentally tougher than a lot of people give credit.

Thursday gone there was a real struggle. Littke one was incessant while I was trying to work. Worst day yet. Considering a sitter for the couple of days a week I'm alone with them while working. Until they go back to school. I'm getting little work done.

Both of mine no bother, 8 and 4. Was the oldests birthday today and we had 6 friends round to play in garden. They’re all fine. Kids are mentally tougher than a lot of people give credit.

Its the night times thats the main issue. My oldest two share. Nightmare!
Thursday gone there was a real struggle. Littke one was incessant while I was trying to work. Worst day yet. Considering a sitter for the couple of days a week I'm alone with them while working. Until they go back to school. I'm getting little work done.

Same. I hope work would be understanding if they noticed my workload.

difficult bud, but at the end of this will be twice a strong with family and work. Doesn’t get more challenging than it is currently but two weeks and it will ease

Youngest is back to school on tuesday. The school have been very methodical in their COVID planning so we're not too worried. Eldest is back up in Aberdeen for Uni as of last week, she's enjoying being out on her own again. They're resilient young ladies.

Back