Those pesky white males again

• Thread starter Deleted member 45261
  • Start date

The biggest complaint seems to be that Greta Gerwig didn't get a nomination for Little Women - yet she was nominated for her last film. What's the big deal?

And at the end of the day, she's put together another retelling of Little Women... with the budget for a decent cast how difficult can that have been? The source material is there. Six other adaptations are there. Rake out a few old dresses and point the fuckin' camera.

Last edited:
The biggest complaint seems to be that Greta Gerwig didn't get a nomination for Little Women - yet she was nominated for her last film. What's the big deal?

And at the end of the day, she's put together another retelling of Little Women... with the budget for a decent cast how difficult can that have been? The source material is there. Six other adaptations are there. Rake out a few old dresses and point the fuckin' camera.

I'm glad someone said it. If it was an original film, I'd totally get it, but it's another remake. I mean you could say the same for "A Star is Born" but at least the last version was radically different in terms of content albeit not necessarily plot than its predecessors

Stephen King getting pelters on social media for what seems to me to be a fairly innocuous and non incendiary comment. The way people are going on you'd think he was clamoring for a remake of Song of the South or the Birth of a Nation

thats such nonsense, hes just saying race or gender doesnt come into it for him when nominating which is the way it should be.

Its not as if there are deserving female nominees this year that are then not being nominated just because they are women.

The name always being referred to as a potential nominee is great gerwig and Little Women which lets face it is well trodden ground.

Stephen King getting pelters on social media for what seems to me to be a fairly innocuous and non incendiary comment. The way people are going on you'd think he was clamoring for a remake of Song of the South or the Birth of a Nation

He's spot on.

Professional twisters. Scourge of society. And obviously not bright enough to read the quite obvious sentiment in which it was meant

I'm glad someone said it. If it was an original film, I'd totally get it, but it's another remake. I mean you could say the same for "A Star is Born" but at least the last version was radically different in terms of content albeit not necessarily plot than its predecessors
On one hand you have the same old retelling of a much loved novel about a bunch of sisters growing up (I mentioned 6 prior adaptations before, that doesn't include all the TV versions, one of which the BBC put out just two Christmases ago), and on the other you have Sam Mendes bringing the horrors of WWI to the big screen in a way not seen before in modern cinema. It's a no-brainer.

Back