Thor Vs Eddie - contains spoilers

Simpsyla

Central Defender
First of all - the context:
  • I didn't really want to watch this but I couldn't help but - it felt a bit like the two hardest lads in the school going to have a scrap - I couldn't help but watch.
  • My knowledge of boxing could be written on the back of a postage stamp.
  • I'm not a big Eddie Hall fan (appreciate I may now have a ban incoming :lol: ).
The result:
  • Thor beat Eddie over six rounds - all three judges gave a unanimous decision of 57-54.
My observations:

• The stream was a joke - didn't work properly until round three - we ended up watching via a YouTube channel. Core sports are trying hard but not getting it right at the moment.
  • Was that really Eddie's plan? Throw a massive punch and knock him out? If so, his trainer wants sacking. As I say, I know nowt about boxing and would have come up with a better plan than that.
  • Eddie's (lack of) fitness showed - to train solidly for two years for this and then to show up in that shape? I'd be giving my head a shake.
  • My prediction was exactly right, I said if Eddie didn't knock him out in the first couple of rounds then Thor would win comfortably on points - and the latter is exactly what happened.
  • Good to see some respect between the two of them during and after the fight, it's about time.
  • Thanks goodness it's over (I hope)! After the joke staging of the press conferences etc. and the massive distraction this has been, let's hope it's put to bed and everyone can move on. No rematch please!
  • The most interesting thing for me is whether Eddie and Bryce's lawyers do follow up on the defamation claims from the press conference - my unknowledgeable opinion is there may well be a few stones there that they wish to leave unturned.
As I say, I know nowt about boxing - @Titus does it ring a bell that you do? If so, did you watch it? Any observations from you? Or anyone else able to give a more insightful account?

Was watching the actual boxing on BT sport, so missed it at the time but watched it about an hour later. Said I thought Thor would probably win in the boxing thread, but at the end of the day it was two inexperienced monsters who can generate a lot of force.

Was impressed with how much work you can see Thor has put in. When I heard Eddie claim he had beaten up professional boxers in training, that he knows more boxers than Billy Nelson and that technique won't matter in a fight, I had a feeling he was going to lose.

Fair play to both for not being totally gassed and making it a clinch fest by round two.

People kept telling me that Eddie wasn’t uploading much to social media to keep his skills under wraps, and that he used to be a bouncer don’t tell knar! Thor completely embarrassed him tbh and rightly so, he’d obviously put much more work into it. Let’s hope it’s the end of the whole silly affair

People kept telling me that Eddie wasn’t uploading much to social media to keep his skills under wraps, and that he used to be a bouncer don’t tell knar! Thor completely embarrassed him tbh and rightly so, he’d obviously put much more work into it. Let’s hope it’s the end of the whole silly affair

Absolutely deluded regarding his combat sport capabilities, like a massive amount of strongmen, powerlifters and bodybuilders.

Was watching the actual boxing on BT sport, so missed it at the time but watched it about an hour later. Said I thought Thor would probably win in the boxing thread, but at the end of the day it was two inexperienced monsters who can generate a lot of force.

Was impressed with how much work you can see Thor has put in. When I heard Eddie claim he had beaten up professional boxers in training, that he knows more boxers than Billy Nelson and that technique won't matter in a fight, I had a feeling he was going to lose.

Fair play to both for not being totally gassed and making it a clinch fest by round two.
Thanks Titus, good to get your take on it.
I think the two options for why Thor won are that he worked harder or he is a significantly better athlete, neither of which I imagine are particularly easy for Mr Hall to swallow!

Agreed on hoping this is the end.

I just hope they call off this Martyn Ford Vs the Iranian Hulk fight next, if anyone sanctions that then they are taking a bigger risk than I ever think is worth taking.

Last edited:

Back