Thomas Cook - going bust?

Yeah it’s been on the cards for a while but looking a real possibility now. Fingers crossed for anyone travelling with them. Must be a bit shit having the prospect of being stranded lurking in the background when you’re away on your hols.

As I said on another thread, they don’t do package holidays as well as Tui and don’t do flights only as well as EasyJet or Jet2 etc.

Time is running out for them to get their act together, they will have to hope they get a bailout to enable them to refresh but it looks doubtful.

after December 9th would be better for i couldnt care less about getting home!

i know i'd get my money back like, but am i fuck going to get the same holiday for the same price like.
I f***ing hope not I’ve got a holiday booked for next year.

ATOL protected, anyone know how easy or how long it takes to get a refund?

About a month apparently.

I must admit that I had a mild panic this morning about flights booked next March to Innsbruck but they're with Thomson.

It would be a shame to see them go to the wall - a weird bit of SAFC related history - one of my great-grandparents got their 1913 cup final ticket through a Thomas Cook package - I've got the stub in my collection.

Not allowed to say much at the moment but I would STRONGLY advise people not to book anything with Thomas Cook. They've already filed for bankruptcy in the U.S and it's looking like an announcement will be made in the next few days.. I suspect Monday / Tuesday.

Not allowed to say much at the moment but I would STRONGLY advise people not to book anything with Thomas Cook. They've already filed for bankruptcy in the U.S and it's looking like an announcement will be made in the next few days.. I suspect Monday / Tuesday.

So you think they definitely going bust?

We booked for May next year, i've not paid any of it yet, GF has paid her half like. Shame as we were looking forward to it, got a decent deal. Will probably wait and book something last minute

Looks that way. Been on the cards for ages, wouldn't touch them with a bargepole but unfortunately a lot have! They will be covered, but will just mean hassle to get money back. Or get home/find another holiday if its close!

I’ve got flights booked with them in February, I know flights are not atol protected and I paid on my credit card, what’s the chances of getting our money back 😭😭😭😭

Back