Thomas Cook - going bust?

Anyone had a refund who was NOT paying by direct debit?

I submitted my claim at about 1pm on 7/10/19. I know they said up to 60 days but booking everything up again elsewhere has got me sweating a bit financially.
Not yet. Did it say one that the compo site was opened and still waiting. I’m expecting it to be 60 days.
Not yet. Did it say one that the compo site was opened and still waiting. I’m expecting it to be 60 days.
Did it same day. Stupid predictive text.

Last edited:
Of course not. Worse if anything. Not to get all political but I’m abstaining in the GE, absolute load of rubbish.
Then you can’t complain.
I’ve nivver voted for the winning team in an GE. It’s great. It allows me to whinge and tell those that did to stfu becos it’s what you voted for.
Give it a go marra.

Then you can’t complain.
I’ve nivver voted for the winning team in an GE. It’s great. It allows me to whinge and tell those that did to stfu becos it’s what you voted for.
Give it a go marra.
Well you can complain. And I will. 😂

You don’t have to vote to have a say and by not voting you’re also having your say seeing as we don’t have an option to abstain. There are no credible candidates.

Politics forum this guff.

I submitted my claim at about 1pm on 7/10/19. I know they said up to 60 days but booking everything up again elsewhere has got me sweating a bit financially.

something in the paper yesterday about those financially penalised ( overdrawn charges etc ) by this will be recompensed , eventually.

I didn't read it, but Martin Lewis has posted an article for people in this situation. Have a google for it. Hope it helps mate.

I didn't read it, but Martin Lewis has posted an article for people in this situation. Have a google for it. Hope it helps mate.
Cheers mate, I read that. Because the holiday was also my wedding I've had to pay all the deposits again and purchase new flights to get it all back on track. Its done, and I'm going to end up about £700 down but we could've mitigated that by compromising on length of stay and splitting accommodation etc. if we had to.

No complaints, just a wee bit skint in the short term and it's all gone very quiet. Praying I get the refund before Christmas.
something in the paper yesterday about those financially penalised ( overdrawn charges etc ) by this will be recompensed , eventually.
I'm not that knackered yet but if it runs until the new year, I'd think twice about letting your cats out around the Doxford Park/Hall Farm area, because I will be forced to live off the land.

Last edited:
I was out working in Turkey at Dalaman airport in the first 2 weeks this went bust. The amount of complete bellends we ended up dealing with was scary.

I had to re-book a holiday that I lost because of Thomas Cook.

When I was away, mos of the other guests were also TC customers.

One particularly cocky cockney woman delighted in telling me that not only had she got the money refunded immediately by the
credit card company, she'd also stuck an application into ATOL as well so she'd be getting "double bubble mate!".

I pointed out that firstly, it's fraud and secondly the credit card company will give you the money back straight away but will then
reclaim it from ATOL on your behalf.

I'm hoping to have the money refunded by the end of this month from the original holiday.

Well you can complain. And I will. 😂

You don’t have to vote to have a say and by not voting you’re also having your say seeing as we don’t have an option to abstain. There are no credible candidates.

Politics forum this guff.
Do you know all the candidates for your ward already?

I haven’t seen our full list yet.

Just received an email from the claims company asking for bank/credit card statements showing every payment made :rolleyes:

What a massive faff on this is going to be. There's about 15 separate payments made by debit card, credit card and gift cards.

Just received an email from the claims company asking for bank/credit card statements showing every payment made :rolleyes:

What a massive faff on this is going to be. There's about 15 separate payments made by debit card, credit card and gift cards.
Still haven’t heard anything and claim went in on day 1 of the claim site opening.

Back