Thomas Cook - going bust?

He was paying monthly as well, some people lost the lot and a lot more may I add.

Staff have lost jobs, they have mortgages, bills etc etc
Same solicitors that took the Monarch case are taking this on for staff. 2 years later I'm still waiting on cash. Coming soon supposedly.

TC staff unfortunately will probably have a similar wait for any compo.

Same solicitors that took the Monarch case are taking this on for staff. 2 years later I'm still waiting on cash. Coming soon supposedly.

TC staff unfortunately will probably have a similar wait for any compo.
The workers are still last on the list after everything else that is owed which is a crock of shit unfortunately.

The workers are still last on the list after everything else that is owed which is a crock of shit unfortunately.

Let’s not forget the subcontractors and suppliers who have shelled out for goods up front and won’t get a bean.

There’s usually nowt left once the preferred creditors have had their bit.

We got shafted for £20k a few years back - the Adminstrators fees were £750 per hour for a Senior Partner down to £90 per hour for an “ Admin. Assistant “.

My business partner calculated the Senior Partners 5 minute shit costs £62.50.

Let’s not forget the subcontractors and suppliers who have shelled out for goods up front and won’t get a bean.

We got shafted for £20k a few years back - the Adminstrators fees were £750 per hour for a Senior Partner down to £90 per hour for an “ Admin. Assistant “.

It’s an absolute shocker. I can’t believe in a wealthy democracy like ours it’s always the poorest or least fortunate who suffer most.

Bent as fuck it is.

Got bumped for 18k n 22k.

Bullshit letters from the bent twats suggesting some payment every few weeks.

Finally got a letter stating they’d sucessfully recovered 83 grand in cash/goods etc from the dead company.

Guess what the administrators bill came to?

It’s an absolute shocker. I can’t believe in a wealthy democracy like ours it’s always the poorest or least fortunate who suffer most.

A friend on holiday last week told me the Thomas Cook rep. in his hotel still turned up every day in full uniform and carried on tending to customers after TC had gone bust - TC really doesn’t deserve staff like her.

On a wider note , way too many businesses rip the arse out of good companies via bonuses and dividends, then there’s nowt left for the rainy days - of course those people never have rainy days.
Bent as fuck it is.

Finally got a letter stating they’d sucessfully recovered 83 grand in cash/goods etc from the dead company.

I m no accountant but a rough guess is £82,999.
It’s a dilemma for businesses when to put a previous good paying customer on stop - without risking future contracts with that customer.
Our client was a property developer - met him after the carnage - told me his divorce cost him £5 million so had to bust the company. The creditors list ( which is published to all creditors) made for sombre reading - Groundworker £150,000 , one man band plumber £60,000 - both went under.

The customer still had his Bentley and a Piper aircraft - single engine so he deserves our forgiveness eh ?

He’s now trading again.

Last edited:
Bent as fuck it is.

I was involved with the administrator who wound up Owen Pugh. The rep turned up to a meeting at Marsden Quarry in a Maserati. . whilst all the staff there had lost their jobs.

Proper insensitive prick

A friend on holiday last week told me the Thomas Cook rep. in his hotel still turned up every day in full uniform and carried on tending to customers after TC had gone bust - TC really doesn’t deserve staff like her.

On a wider note , way too many businesses rip the arse out of good companies via bonuses and dividends, then there’s nowt left for the rainy days - of course those people never have rainy days.

I m no accountant but a rough guess is £82,999.
It’s a dilemma for businesses when to put a previous good paying customer on stop - without risking future contracts with that customer.
Our client was a property developer - met him after the carnage - told me his divorce cost him £5 million so had to bust the company. The creditors list ( which is published to all creditors) made for sombre reading - Groundworker £150,000 , one man band plumber £60,000 - both went under.

The customer still had his Bentley and a Piper aircraft - single engine so he deserves our forgiveness eh ?

He’s now trading again.

Yep bang on, still never met a typist on nearly £90 an hour.

The only reason staff will be anywhere near a payout, like Monarch, is because of the failure to consult on redundancies. This will come out of the government's pocket, not what is in the TC account.

Why arent these pricks regulated. 1 in 3 cases should be audited by law. You’d suddenly see creditors get some funds (not all but better than feck all n perhaps life v death).

Because they are part of the Establishment that shapes the laws.

It’s what you know about who you know.

The info out today is saying that anyone who booked through Thomas cook direct will get an automatic refund within 14 days and if you haven't had it within 7 to get in touch with them.

I got all of my money from Thomas Cook back today, I just thought some people might want to know how quick the claims are being processed.
I paid by direct debit and they have all been paid back in 10 separate transactions

Anyone had a refund who was NOT paying by direct debit?

I submitted my claim at about 1pm on 7/10/19. I know they said up to 60 days but booking everything up again elsewhere has got me sweating a bit financially.

Back