Thomas Cook - going bust?

Used them for Tenerife about ten years ago , shit service and seats suitable for amputees, never again and that was then.
I think it was a Lanzerote flight for me, about 6 years ago. Probably the same planes. Yep.

Tried to pay for extra legroom on the way back, even at the extortionate prices, because it was legit painful for me. But they had none left. Spoiled my holiday tbh.

I f***ing hope not I’ve got a holiday booked for next year.

ATOL protected, anyone know how easy or how long it takes to get a refund?

No idea on how long, but you will get the opportunity of a replacement holiday with another tour operator due to it being atol protected

Everytime i looked they were expensive might of cut orices to get some cash in
Sold a load of companies to the chinese recently, can see the chinese getting in for uk division

Worked for them for 4 years as part of club 18:30 as a rep. Was a great company when I first started but slowly went downhill. finished up with them in 2014. Feel sorry for the staff if thy do as I still know a lot of people that work for them and have forged good careers through them.

22,000 jobs worldwide I believe. mental.

I thought they just refunded you the money? Do they offer an alternative ?

They do. It's up to you what route you take mate. If they do go bust, you will be sent instructions on how to book through someone else and not have to pay a penny (providing it's not an all singing all dancing 5* in the Maldives - then you would need to prop up the difference yourself)

Share price down 98.85% since 2007, imagine if you'd held shares long term, 50 grand would be worth less than £600 and that's before fees :eek:

Last edited:
Always going to struggle now we have Skyscanner, Airbnb and Uber - who needs travel agents ??

Many many people still use travel agents for the simple reason that they want to be able to be told how much it ALL costs and they don't have to do anything other than pay the bill and turn up for the holiday. This will always be the case as well.
Share price down 98.85% since 2007, imagine if you'd held shares long term, 50 grand would be worth less than £600 and that's before fees :eek:

There shares were 146p on May 16th 2018.
Currently priced at 3.75p
Thats a whopping 97.4% of your money lost in around 16 months.

Last edited:
Many many people still use travel agents for the simple reason that they want to be able to be told how much it ALL costs and they don't have to do anything other than pay the bill and turn up for the holiday. This will always be the case as well.
I suppose so - but i never use travel agents and get some great deals and more importantly, independence

I've got a direct debit plan with them for Disney. I've also included park tickets with it as well and have probably paid them about £2k so far. I know the holiday will be ATOL protected but I'm hoping the park tickets are as well

Back