This "use both lanes" malarkey

What part of this do people have a problem with?
Today I was at Tyne Dock in Shields (going out of town) and the roundabout before the roadworks was total gridlock because everyone was trying to get in the "right" lane. I got to the roundabout and there was the sign "use both lanes" so I trundled down the inside lane doing my bit to relieve the traffic at the roundabout, however my good deed was thrown back in my face when no bastard would let me in when I got to the cones.
I managed to squeeze in front of an Insignia and he went crackas blaring his horn and giving me the wanker sign.

Obviously the SMB resident Reginald Molehusbands will deem me to be in the wrong so let the abuse begin :lol:
I was in an Audi as well.

Only gonks don’t use both lanes then boot off when you slip in having past everyone not moving in the other lane

Dunno what’s so hard about it and it’s very annoying when it’s gridlocked full of do gooders waiting their turn not realising if everyone just merged in it would flow better

Today I was at Tyne Dock in Shields (going out of town) and the roundabout before the roadworks was total gridlock because everyone was trying to get in the "right" lane. I got to the roundabout and there was the sign "use both lanes" so I trundled down the inside lane doing my bit to relieve the traffic at the roundabout, however my good deed was thrown back in my face when no bastard would let me in when I got to the cones.
I managed to squeeze in front of an Insignia and he went crackas blaring his horn and giving me the wanker sign.

Obviously the SMB resident Reginald Molehusbands will deem me to be in the wrong so let the abuse begin :lol:

Absolute SMB classic.

Que many fights as the Friday night beers kicks in.

Nearly got into a fist fight with some utter prick a few years ago on the way to Berwick.

He blocked the merge lane trying to be a hero and I saw red and continuously blazed me horn behind me. The fat pin head kernt actually got out his car to approach me

Absolute SMB classic.

Que many fights as the Friday night beers kicks in.

Gonna start a steak thread soon anarl :cool:

The thing is when he was giving me the wanker sign I wound the window down and was was waving 2 fingers at him shouting "there's 2 fuckin lanes man". I now realise this could have been taken the wrong way as he had no way of hearing me.

Last edited:

:):):):)
Was there this morning and a car was trying to block the lane but he left enough room for me to squeeze past and he was going mental when I did. If people use both lanes and merge in turn like you are supposed too would be next to no traffic.
I was in me 18ton truck.

Same on the road approaching the roundabout at Gosforth Racecourse going East.

Massive queue in the left hand lane every morning. About 1/5 of the time no fucker will let you in despite them being the cause of the queue because they’re absolute morons who won’t use all the available road space.

:):):):)
Was there this morning and a car was trying to block the lane but he left enough room for me to squeeze past and he was going mental when I did. If people use both lanes and merge in turn like you are supposed too would be next to no traffic.
I was in me 18ton truck.

The thing is anyone coming down from Middlefields to that roundabout and wanting to turn right to go into Shields is stuck in a massive queue because of the idiots trying to get into the "right" lane at that point instead of driving down the other lane and merging.

All highlighting how absolutely shit the standard of driving is in this country is every day. Selfish wankers so desperate to be wherver they’re going 5 minutes before they set off, they don’t realise that driving safely, using a bit of road courtesy and generally not being a prize bellend would all contribute to keeping ALl traffic flowing, overall

Back