This training ground in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok, let us say West Ham..
Exactly who I was thinking of.
Ok, let us say West Ham..
I think the argument is that in a direct choice between sunderland and West ham , both offering the same wages, then the player would choose west ham purely for London.

For what it's worth I'm against the idea. I think it would amount to us selling a bit of our soul , and I would rather sign footballers who want to be here.

I'm actually at imperial college sports ground which is harlington (qpr). Down here now with a team which is on a training session and I've just been told that Sunderland are/were looking at this place for a training base. Don't know how far the other thread went or even if this place was mentioned on it. Came from a guy working here in a high capacity. Cue the usual suspects doubting me though. Lol

Pictures of the trees or I'm blocking you

Read my post it tells you where I picked it up from. I know it's been in the news but never seen harlington mentioned
Harlington was specifically mentioned in the original Sun report.

I know no one admits to reading Britain's biggest selling national newspaper but ya kna.

I'm actually at imperial college sports ground which is harlington (qpr). Down here now with a team which is on a training session and I've just been told that Sunderland are/were looking at this place for a training base. Don't know how far the other thread went or even if this place was mentioned on it. Came from a guy working here in a high capacity. Cue the usual suspects doubting me though. Lol
Could have just posted it in the other thread mate, otherwise it looks like a "look at me" thread.

The training centre is at the end of Heathrow's proposed third runway.
Dilibodji's clearances will cause havoc with Air Traffic Control.

I think the argument is that in a direct choice between sunderland and West ham , both offering the same wages, then the player would choose west ham purely for London.
For what it's worth I'm against the idea. I think it would amount to us selling a bit of our soul , and I would rather sign footballers who want to be here.

Hmm, I suspect that youngish players make career decisions based on what they expect from the club in regards to winning games mostly.. and older more mature players are often looking for nice areas to bring up kids, not something London is that famous for really.

But yeah, I can see the attraction of big cities.. but somehow I wonder if more rural clubs really can afford to offer players the same money given the difference in matchday income.. Something that a training campus in London will make no difference to.

Harlington was specifically mentioned in the original Sun report.

I know no one admits to reading Britain's biggest selling national newspaper but ya kna.

I admitted it in the original thread. Twas in the barbers. It's a cheap barbers mind.

Hmm, I suspect that youngish players make career decisions based on what they expect from the club in regards to winning games mostly.. and older more mature players are often looking for nice areas to bring up kids, not something London is that famous for really.

But yeah, I can see the attraction of big cities.. but somehow I wonder if more rural clubs really can afford to offer players the same money given the difference in matchday income.. Something that a training campus in London will make no difference to.

A Man City fan desperately trying to convince himself that wages play no part in recruitment!

Last edited:
Its a couple of miles away from my work. Could even relocate the team to Hayes ground. At least their seats are nice and red instead of pink :lol:

Why not play down there as well? On average people in London make more than us in Sunderland, could probably make more out of 25,000 cockneys than 40,000 Mackems.

Are you saying we don't compete with west ham in terms of wages? Because I'd definitely disagree there like.

I'd take a guess that their highest paid player is paid more than ours but that our averages would be similar. Would all change if we were relegated though.

In 3 months time we'll be relagated and bankrupt. A training ground in London isn't going to happen.

A Man City fan desperately trying to convince himself that wages play no part in recruitment!

You lost me there.. :lol:

The pro-London argument is that London trumps equal or even better wages in Sunderland, I say that young players think more about their careers (i.e winning games) than living in big cities.

You lost me there.. :lol:

The pro-London argument is that London trumps equal or even better wages in Sunderland, I say that young players think more about their careers (i.e winning games) than living in big cities.

I don't think I have. I think you know exactly what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back