This training ground in London

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not the intention though is it! The intention by the sounds of it is to move down to London and travel to Sunderland for home games (I recall a club in Russia doing this).
It may well improve you as a club, more able to attract players who want to shop at Harrods as apposed to Primark. Personally I would hate the idea, I feel you will lose your identity, you simply wont be a North East club, you will become a Premier League franchise club. Look at AFC Wimbledon or MK Dons. What a load of American sports bollox it is. However if you are all happy with it, more power to you and it has nothing to do with me anyway.

How do you know it's not? You're making an assumption, just like I am.

If it happens it may well be for both.

Enjoy Benton.

If Sunderland were challenging for the top 4 places in the league every year, the London thing wouldn't be an issue for players.

After this season it will be 5 consecutive years Sunderland have failed to get 40 points. 6 managers in 5 years. Relegation fight every year.
They are the things that put the good players off signing, not the location.

Worry about your own club being relegated twice in ine years, instead.
You are another spending more and more time on here.
Mostly to discuss Sunderland. Why? :/

If Sunderland were challenging for the top 4 places in the league every year, the London thing wouldn't be an issue for players.

After this season it will be 5 consecutive years Sunderland have failed to get 40 points. 6 managers in 5 years. Relegation fight every year.
They are the things that put the good players off signing, not the location.

Us relegating you :lol:

How do you know it's not? You're making an assumption, just like I am.

If it happens it may well be for both.

Enjoy Benton.
So you are going to run an expensive training facility for something like five to ten games a season. :eek: Fuck me no wonder you lot are in debt up-to your eyeballs. It makes NO sense what so ever to train down there for the london games when it takes less than four hours on the plane, and the away team gets access to the home teams pitch for pre-match warm ups and training.

Also I did say "By the sounds of it"

I'm actually at imperial college sports ground which is harlington (qpr). Down here now with a team which is on a training session and I've just been told that Sunderland are/were looking at this place for a training base. Don't know how far the other thread went or even if this place was mentioned on it. Came from a guy working here in a high capacity. Cue the usual suspects doubting me though. Lol
Interesting.

Has been all over the news like so imagine he picked it up from there.

Money and reward attracts better talent.
Location definitely has an impact on attracting talent. Ask yourself why people with talent move to London, Birmingham and Manchester. As time has moved on, people are less motivated by money and more by work life balance. There are many studies to support this.

Interesting.

Has been all over the news like so imagine he picked it up from there.
Read my post it tells you where I picked it up from. I know it's been in the news but never seen harlington mentioned

That's not the intention though is it! The intention by the sounds of it is to move down to London and travel to Sunderland for home games (I recall a club in Russia doing this).
It may well improve you as a club, more able to attract players who want to shop at Harrods as apposed to Primark. Personally I would hate the idea, I feel you will lose your identity, you simply wont be a North East club, you will become a Premier League franchise club. Look at AFC Wimbledon or MK Dons. What a load of American sports bollox it is. However if you are all happy with it, more power to you and it has nothing to do with me anyway.
MK Dons train in Milton Keynes, and play in Milton Keynes. There's no comparison at all.

They'd all live in London and it just wouldn't be seen as Sunderland. Might as well just be a museum up here if they're going to do that. What are they going to do for signing sessions and charity visits among other things, do they expect us to travel down there? I don't agree with it.

They'd all live in London and it just wouldn't be seen as Sunderland. Might as well just be a museum up here if they're going to do that. What are they going to do for signing sessions and charity visits among other things, do they expect us to travel down there? I don't agree with it.
This in a nutshell fella, Say good bye to your club identity.
If on the other hand it it purely to train for the games in London then what a waist of cash you don't have. I just can not see the edge in training down there as apposed to up here, it's not as if you have to acclimatise for goodness sake.

Have much does it benefit say QPR that they have a London based campus really?..
Qpr, Fulham, Palace, West Ham, Charlton, Watford (not strictly London but could claim to be London based) have all been premier league teams in the last dozen years or so and been relegaed, doesn't look like being based in London has helped them massively.
Being well ran helps more imo

Fantastic idea. Multimillionaire footballers already out of touch with the common fan will now be living / training 100s of miles away from the club / city they are supposed to be giving their all for. A real inspiration for the next generation of fans / players

Location definitely has an impact on attracting talent. Ask yourself why people with talent move to London, Birmingham and Manchester. As time has moved on, people are less motivated by money and more by work life balance. There are many studies to support this.

What a crock of shite! In the past Liverpool never had a problem getting any player they wanted and their city was the biggest shithole in the country.And as for saying no-one is motivated by money,especially in this league ,what planet have you just landed from?

Why on Earth would we be looking at a training facility in London when we have the AOL?????? Is it just to use prior to games against London clubs?

Presumably the players all live within say 20 miles of the AOL so why drag them down to London to train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back