This team.

The keeper, comfortably, Wright and Willis, definitely. Hume, O'Nien and Dobson, possibly. Gooch and a fit Maguire, most likely.

Better replacements for Power, Wyke and Flanagan and we'd not be too far away.
Agree on the keeper, Willis, Gooch and O’Nien. I know Maguire has contributed a lot this season and has played very well at times, but just can’t see him cutting it in the league above for some reason.

Hume is another contender to be fair, but he’s a bit shaky at times. Everyone is playing well to be fair at the moment so of course we’re going to have optimism, but there will be some huge weaknesses we need to fill if we get promoted.

Excluded Wright because we haven’t seen a great load of him to be honest, but looked a real leader before the injury.

Last edited:

Maguire is too old. Been in the championship and struggled iirc.
Dobson - no.
The others you name I would concur. There is no one else worth entertaining.

Dobson is looking better week on week.

He looked slow and cumbersome until about eight games ago but had barely put a foot wrong since, apart from Portsmouth where everybody was awful.

Looking at them at the minute, I don't think many of them would look out of their depth, should we get promoted.

Need a better striker than Wyke, obviously. Someone similar who can hold up play but score regularly.

If Dobson and Hume continue to improve, there's no reason they can't do it in the league above.

I mean, obviously we'd like better players all over the park but these lads are starting to look like something else.

All credit to Parky who has turned a bunch of misfits into a proper team. For the first time in years we have players who seem proud to wear our colours.
You’ve had a shocker

Looking at them at the minute, I don't think many of them would look out of their depth, should we get promoted.

Need a better striker than Wyke, obviously. Someone similar who can hold up play but score regularly.

If Dobson and Hume continue to improve, there's no reason they can't do it in the league above.

I mean, obviously we'd like better players all over the park but these lads are starting to look like something else.

All credit to Parky who has turned a bunch of misfits into a proper team. For the first time in years we have players who seem proud to wear our colours.

We're f***ing class 😎

Lets get promoted first. There's not a player on the team who wouldn't improve his personal reputation as a player and would be in demand if they did that .

Let's look at it from the point of view that none of the players would lose out if we were promoted regardless of whether they stayed with us or not.

:lol:

I think lots of them would, tbh, based on the fact that the top two from last season's League One are the bottom two in this year's Championship, and last year's League One was stronger than this year's. When you bear in mind that 8 of the 14 players today are out of contract in the summer, I think our lack of readiness for the Championship is a real worry if we get there. But we need to get there first.

Logon or register to see this image

As I say, it would be great to get better players for every position but it's not going to happen but I don't think that the majority would be out of their depth.

We wouldn't be pushing for promotion but another year or two of building sensibly and realistically with players who want to play for the shirt and I'd be OK with that.

Last edited:

Back