This team.

Looking at them at the minute, I don't think many of them would look out of their depth, should we get promoted.

Need a better striker than Wyke, obviously. Someone similar who can hold up play but score regularly.

If Dobson and Hume continue to improve, there's no reason they can't do it in the league above.

I mean, obviously we'd like better players all over the park but these lads are starting to look like something else.

All credit to Parky who has turned a bunch of misfits into a proper team. For the first time in years we have players who seem proud to wear our colours.

Isn't this one of those time's when because the team has won overestimation can happen, or do you watch the championship regularly also?

We’re playing well at the moment. I wouldn’t go overboard just yet, some of these are lower quality players in good form - I wouldn’t trust the back three (maybe Willis aside) against better forwards.

Looking at them at the minute, I don't think many of them would look out of their depth, should we get promoted.

Need a better striker than Wyke, obviously. Someone similar who can hold up play but score regularly.

If Dobson and Hume continue to improve, there's no reason they can't do it in the league above.

I mean, obviously we'd like better players all over the park but these lads are starting to look like something else.

All credit to Parky who has turned a bunch of misfits into a proper team. For the first time in years we have players who seem proud to wear our colours.
To stay up...possibly.
To push on in the Championship....no chance.

Huge gulf between League 1 and the Championship. We‘ve certainly got a few players who should make the step up no problem (Willis, Gooch, John McLaughlin) but if we aspire to be anything but relegation candidates in the Championship we’d need a few £££ spending on the side.

Championship football is miles better than this at times like, well, most of the time tbh so that’s a stretch...but this team could win this league certainly.

This. There’s probably only three or four players max that could adapt instantly to the championship. The rest will need improving on.

The keeper, comfortably, Wright and Willis, definitely. Hume, O'Nien and Dobson, possibly. Gooch and a fit Maguire, most likely.

Better replacements for Power, Wyke and Flanagan and we'd not be too far away.

If we go up we need a mass clear out. I mean we already are going to have one regardless with the two year contract rotation coming to an end for most. But if our recruiting team are doing there homework we should be identifying targets now for a season in the championship

The keeper, comfortably, Wright and Willis, definitely. Hume, O'Nien and Dobson, possibly. Gooch and a fit Maguire, most likely.

Better replacements for Power, Wyke and Flanagan and we'd not be too far away.
Maguire is too old. Been in the championship and struggled iirc.
Dobson - no.
The others you name I would concur. There is no one else worth entertaining.

Back