This Summer

How many of our players are we going to lose this coming summer?

This model requires us to buy cheap and sell. Weve bought cheap, next comes the selling. The happy clappers swearing by this so called sustainability model will be just fine with losing our best young players right?
The only way the possibly stayed with us is if we were to be promoted which the ownership clearly have no ambition to achieve.

Neil, Ballard, Alese, Cirkin and Roberts possibly Patto and Hume - I could see decent money coming for them and they'll be sold. Maybe Clarke too and who knows what happens with Stewart.

Add to that Amad going back to Man Utd, Gelhardt back to Leeds and Michut possibly going back to PSG and the squad begins to look very thin needing another rebuilding job with no guarantee that we will keep hitting lucky on these
free/nominal fee signings.

That is why not going for promotion when the opportunity presents itself is realy going to hurt us.

This model requires us to buy cheap and sell. Weve bought cheap, next comes the selling. The happy clappers swearing by this so called sustainability model will be just fine with losing our best young players right?
The only way the possibly stayed with us is if we were to be promoted which the ownership clearly have no ambition to achieve.

Neil, Ballard, Alese, Cirkin and Roberts possibly Patto and Hume - I could see decent money coming for them and they'll be sold. Maybe Clarke too and who knows what happens with Stewart.

Add to that Amad going back to Man Utd, Gelhardt back to Leeds and Michut possibly going back to PSG and the squad begins to look very thin needing another rebuilding job with no guarantee that we will keep hitting lucky on these

That is why not going for promotion when the opportunity presents itself is realy going to hurt us.
Like i've posted many a time, imo, our fans will get fed up of this model..once it comes to the selling stage.

The actual Dortmund / Brighton etc. model is buy cheap sell for crazy money. If someone comes in with daft money which will easily facilitate buying a replacement we sell. If someone comes in with bog standard bids we turn them down.

i think we will lose a fair few of them. Ouer style of play and the performances of key individuals will not have gone unnoticed. Obviously we'll lose the loanees but we may see the likes of Neil, Cirkin, Ballard, Clarke go. Maybe too soon for Alese and Roberts may still be deemed inconsitent. Major rebuild job in the summer no doubt

So you're expecting the club to sell everyone in the summer?

I don't think that is the model at all marra 🤣

Wha, wha, wha. 😭😭😭

i think we will lose a fair few of them. Ouer style of play and the performances of key individuals will not have gone unnoticed. Obviously we'll lose the loanees but we may see the likes of Neil, Cirkin, Ballard, Clarke go. Maybe too soon for Alese and Roberts may still be deemed inconsitent. Major rebuild job in the summer no doubt

I don't think you understand the model at all.

We only sell for over the knocker. That's how it works. That way you maintain most of your squad.

For example we get bids for 3 or 4 players. We look at the bids, choose the one with the most value to us and one who is easily replaced.

You don't sell half a team 🤣

I don’t think we’ll lose that many yet.

Stewart’s injury woes will no doubt reduce his potential value and I expect prospective suitors will want to see how he comes back from his latest setback before making any further attempts to buy him.

We’ll obviously lose Amad (our best player) and Gelhardt. Michut might well go back to France.

Of the others I think they’ll need to provide more evidence than one season at championship level to attract attention from clubs higher up the food chain.

We tend to take a parochial view of players like Patterson and Neil but I expect fans of a fair few championship clubs would argue their keeper and midfield player are as competent as those two.

The actual Dortmund / Brighton etc. model is buy cheap sell for crazy money. If someone comes in with daft money which will easily facilitate buying a replacement we sell. If someone comes in with bog standard bids we turn them down.
Think some are missing the point with the ‘ model’ . Some players will be sold at a healthy profit then as things evolve more will be spent on bringing in better young players and so on. Some seem to think it’s a process of selling everyone then bringing in players of a similar ilk as we are now. It’s a continuous improvement process whereby we re invest in better players As the club continues to grow.

I think you’re in for a shock

I'm not.

Sure, one or two will go for good money and that's how football works at every level. To say we're just getting shot of everyone to start again is utter bollocks.

I get people are disappointed with what happened yesterday (me included) but I'm not just going to come out with utter bullshit just to try and add to the negativity for the sake of it.

Back