This snow centre down boro.

Get them started at Sunderland. £70 for a 10 week course of lessons.

Aye done that mate (bit dearer than that like) but they want to try snow n castlefords a trek.
Got some class offers from trafford centre after going like but again canny hike.

Aye done that mate (bit dearer than that like) but they want to try snow n castlefords a trek.
Got some class offers from trafford centre after going like but again canny hike.
Ah right. I’m starting my 4 y/o and it’s £70, but that’s group lessons TBF.

Everywhere is a bit of a trek from here unfortunately. Would’ve still been a draw for Sunderland if we built one in the Sheepfolds area.

Everywhere is a bit of a trek from here unfortunately. Would’ve still been a draw for Sunderland if we built one in the Sheepfolds area.

Yeh they were trying to rope ours into that but wouldnt have it, for 1 to 1 think it was something like £25 an hour plus a tenner for each extra one.

Still good experience.

Every bastard year Isay Im gonna buy some used skis n go over weardale.

At 4 y/o she’ll get the same benefit from a group lesson as 1-1 and if she takes to it I’d pay for 1-1.

My motivation is selfish, if she gets into it then I’ll hopefully get a chance to start going again.

At 4 y/o she’ll get the same benefit from a group lesson as 1-1 and if she takes to it I’d pay for 1-1.

My motivation is selfish, if she gets into it then I’ll hopefully get a chance to start going again.

Feel your pain brother. Probably biggest thing I miss since having kids. Paid £1100 for one to go this year and same for other next year n im not getting any skiing action. Thieving selfish little bastards.

Mate was an instructor in italy, had a week there mid 20s the totally got the bug.

Feel your pain brother. Probably biggest thing I miss since having kids. Paid £1100 for one to go this year and same for other next year n im not getting any skiing action. Thieving selfish little bastards.

Mate was an instructor in italy, had a week there mid 20s the totally got the bug.
You fancy going? We’ll just tell the lasses we are working away for a week...

No funny business mind.

Like anything else you need something unique to an area to get investment around it and that would be perfect. Need a footbridge and monorail first though :lol:

Sunderland is the proverbial chicken and the egg.

If they build it they’ll come but only if they come they’ll build it.

We’ll never move forward until someone takes a council backed risk.

Agreed re: indoor ski slope especially as we already have the dry-slope. Any idea why it didn’t go ahead?

I know they tendered for an operator etc back in late 2000’s but it just seemed to vanish as an idea.

Agreed re: indoor ski slope especially as we already have the dry-slope. Any idea why it didn’t go ahead?

I know they tendered for an operator etc back in late 2000’s but it just seemed to vanish as an idea.
Don’t know why it didn’t happen but I’d wager the inept council didn’t give it their full backing.

Don’t know why it didn’t happen but I’d wager the inept council didn’t give it their full backing.

They appeared to fully back it and know the architects appointed to do boro one we’re doing Sunderland. Perhaps the subsidy for it was too high? I don’t know. Shame really as would have been a good fit for the city as chance is that the boro offer kills the Silksworth ski slope - although I guess it will always offer a cheaper alternative.

Back