Disappearance of Sarah Everard in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do uturn before parking?

Two reasons. Partly as it’s a cul de sac and there is a walkthrough at the bottom that I like to check and partly because coming back along the road to park up means I can see 100 meters or so I front in case anyone followed me in.

This isn’t typical it’s specific to my life or a few years back in 2007 so I’m not suggesting it’s normal behaviour

Two reasons. Partly as it’s a cul de sac and there is a walkthrough at the bottom that I like to check and partly because coming back along the road to park up means I can see 100 meters or so I front in case anyone followed me in.

This isn’t typical it’s specific to my life or a few years back in 2007 so I’m not suggesting it’s normal behaviour

bloody hell, that’s keeping you on your toes. Never thought of that, I guess they will be quite a lot of simple steps that can be taken to minimise risks

me too... really sends a shiver down the spine.

At first it sounded like they were looking around Clapham Common but in the Sky News article it suggests she was last in Clarence Avenue so more towards Brixton Hill.

It sounds like the walk she was doing is around 50 minutes door to door which is quite a distance at that time of night.

Hopefully she is ok and its just a case of a broken phone and change of plan.
I used to live on the route she will have taken in Brixton Hill, It would feel dodgy just walking back from the pub alone but being tanked up used to take the edge off it. I moved after 6 months.

In an ideal world, you should be able to walk where you want and when. However, its not. How many times Crimewatch used to do re-enactments where the missing lass had decided to take a short cut down some dodgy lane after night clubbing or whatever, just to save the £5 taxi fare home, then accosted by some nutter or goes missing. Me and the wife see lasses out in the dark on their own walking through country lanes up here quite a lot. Places Where we swerve into another street to avoid. Not saying its just lasses either.Some dodgy character lurking around will have a go at whatever gender.

bloody hell, that’s keeping you on your toes. Never thought of that, I guess they will be quite a lot of simple steps that can be taken to minimise risks

Not really to be honest. I always thought If anyone was really intent to cause you harm they could.

Unless you are involved in something serious enough and willing to give up your life in a scheme like witness protection then you get very little guidance or support. Told there is a threat against you, some generic advice about what to do, sign here to say you understand and that it’s not justification to do any preemptive. Essentially on your own.

In an ideal world, you should be able to walk where you want and when. However, its not. How many times Crimewatch used to do re-enactments where the missing lass had decided to take a short cut down some dodgy lane after night clubbing or whatever, just to save the £5 taxi fare home, then accosted by some nutter or goes missing. Me and the wife see lasses out in the dark on their own walking through country lanes up here quite a lot. Places Where we swerve into another street to avoid. Not saying its just lasses either.Some dodgy character lurking around will have a go at whatever gender.
If I'm working late shift I don't finish until 2 am. I live about 3 miles from work and it's surprising how many people I see mooching about usually alone at that time. I once had to walk home from work and it wasn't a fun experience.

It'll be a week tomorrow, it's not looking good for the poor lady. I honestly hope she's recovered one way or another, we don't want another Claudia Lawrence / Suzy Lamplugh type scenario :confused::cry:
If I'm working late shift I don't finish until 2 am. I live about 3 miles from work and it's surprising how many people I see mooching about usually alone at that time. I once had to walk home from work and it wasn't a fun experience.
Seeing how far she was walking alone in the dark and the shortcuts she may have taken is scary. Nobody should ever wear earbuds / headphones as they allow sneak / surprise attacks etc.......you need to keep your wits about you.

Last edited:
It'll be a week tomorrow, it's not looking good for the poor lady. I honestly hope she's recovered one way or another, we don't want another Claudia Lawrence / Suzy Lamplugh type scenario :confused::cry:

Seeing how far she was walking alone in the dark and the shortcuts she may have taken is scary. Nobody should ever wear earbuds / headphones as they allow sneak / surprise attacks etc.......you need to keep your wits about you.
I haven't read thread or details in news, has there been a reason given why she was round a friend's house? I'm thinking Covid restriction breaking for an unusual reason?

Especially in London. You MUST keep your wits about you, at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back