Disappearance of Sarah Everard in London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus Rushford said the murder shouldn't have happened. Are we living in some parallel universe cloudcukooland now where celebrities need to state the obvious? As if some deviant listens to what society thinks Marcus Rashford says 'men have a role to play' to make women feel safe

Men are being told we need to do more too help stop rape n murders. Asif gently sitting murderers down and saying 'mate that's wrong you know' will change anything.

The men who commit these crimes already know full well it's f***ing wrong. They get off on it half the time. Most are clever enough and smart enough to keep such thoughts hidden from friends.

I don’t believe things have changed very much in the last 40 years. There is more CCTV I guess.

I’m sure women felt decidedly uncomfortable in any Yorkshire city in the late 70s. But the fact that woman feel uncomfortable every day is something new to me. Any small change a person can make to their actions to help people feel safer is surely worth the small effort?

Men are being told we need to do more too help stop rape n murders. Asif gently sitting murderers down and saying 'mate that's wrong you know' will change anything.

The men who commit these crimes already know full well it's f***ing wrong. They get off on it half the time. Most are clever enough and smart enough to keep such thoughts hidden from friends.
I can't even believe you and me have even had to write what we just have. The world has turned upside down. There is either some naive people around or something more sinister developing. The people saying such wishful thinking would be the first to complain if any government brought in a zero tolerance to violent and sex offenders. Do the elderly not have a right to go out without the thought they might get robbed or attacked, do parents in inner citys not have the right to live without the worry of their kids being stabbed etc.

Given the amount of police still searching different sites it’s hard not to conclude there is reason to think there are more victims unfortunately

I don’t believe things have changed very much in the last 40 years. There is more CCTV I guess.

I’m sure women felt decidedly uncomfortable in any Yorkshire city in the late 70s. But the fact that woman feel uncomfortable every day is something new to me. Any small change a person can make to their actions to help people feel safer is surely worth the small effort?
Thats not what its all about tho, the campaign is about abolishing all fear so that a woman at any time of the day at any place will never be in fear. However noble your intentions its not about a bloke not walking too close too a women. Its like me starting a Campaign tomorow that no Child should be sexually abused ever, and telling men not to abuse kids. One womans comment on Newsnight last night was "we need to tell men not to murder or rape woman"
"Every woman should be able to walk home safely without fear. Stop telling women to change their behaviour. It is this awful misogyny that needs to be abolished. We need structural, legal, progressive change to protect women & girls, not empty words"
https://twitter.com/Elif_Safak/stat...68202.ampproject.net/2103020156005/frame.html

Thats not what its all about tho, the campaign is about abolishing all fear so that a woman at any time of the day at any place will never be in fear. However noble your intentions its not about a bloke not walking too close too a women. Its like me starting a Campaign tomorow that no Child should be sexually abused ever, and telling men not to abuse kids. One womans comment on Newsnight last night was "we need to tell men not to murder or rape woman"
"Every woman should be able to walk home safely without fear. Stop telling women to change their behaviour. It is this awful misogyny that needs to be abolished. We need structural, legal, progressive change to protect women & girls, not empty words"
https://twitter.com/Elif_Safak/status/1369765049468911618/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1369765049468911618|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://d-37367216024028268202.ampproject.net/2103020156005/frame.html
I agree that eliminating fear is a noble, yet completely unrealistic goal. That’s not meant to rain on any campaigners parade.

But if eliminating all fear is out of the question, the best we can do is make sure that we take personal accountability for our own behaviour. I wouldn’t imagine for a second that I caused fear in any woman, but they don’t know what I’m thinking, so I probably do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back