This might not go down too well on here for some

Problem is people are mistaking lucky wins for good form.
It’s great being lucky but we can’t assume it will last - and we are playing worse than the opposition for large periods of every game. I’d love to play shit but win every game to get out of this league but it’s unlikelynisnt it. Hopefully wins breed confidence which gets us going.
Don't think they are marra but there's a proportion of lads with an agenda who get on here demanding Ross is shifted come what may. We've had endless of these threads and it's getting tedious. In this case the OP seems determined that we shouldn't forget his opinion that it's all the fault of JR and in so doing drains some of the pleasure out of a win and drags me into an argument that I'm heartily sick of
Mate. This type of logical will be scoffed at and be called negative. We said it all last season and it was the reason why we didn't get promoted. We didn't deserve it nor did the performances look like a team worthy of promotion. I was going to do a comprehensive breakdown of each game so far and give reasons to why I believe we are very fortunate to have the points we currently have. Just not sure if I can be arsed.

Thank the lord for small mercies! It's been done to death man let it go

Last edited:

I honestly cannot understand why you say "hanging on for the win against Rochdale ffs, I find it quite embarrassing actually" , seriously , why ?
They were the unbeaten home team , we are in the same league as them , except for McGeady , we have the same standard of players.
Why is it embarrassing to be hanging on for an away win at any ground ?
I don't buy this " we had the biggest transfer budget last season " excuse, means nowt that , look at villas start compared to Norwich.

the mighty Rochdale v little old Sunderland...yeah i get it

Don't think they are marra but there's a proportion of lads with an agenda who get on here demanding Ross is shifted come what may. We've had endless of these threads and it's getting tedious. In this case the OP seems determined that we shouldn't forget his opinion that it's all the fault of JR and in so doing drains some of the pleasure out of a win and drags me into an argument that I'm heartily sick of

Thank the lord for small mercies! It's been done to death man let it go

There's a weird belief, by the 'Ross out' people, that they can bully others into joining their cause.

My question is this, what happens if everyone on here does that?

The answer is 'absolutely fuck all' except they can pat themselves on the back in the mistaken belief that they're making a difference.

They're not, they're just flapping their gums and feeling superior.

Last edited:
Well it kind of tells you how well the club is being run...say how much Luton paid to win the league last season and how much we paid to come in 5th...and now how much Blackpool are paying to be in first and us in 8th?

Every SAFC fan should care about that...it’s a repeat of Short. Add in the fact we have zero value in the squad.
Honestly I’m just a supporter , I haven’t the slightest interest in how much we have spent compared to others in the league. Nowt to do with me . Personally winning and getting out of this division is all sm interested in , how we play whilst achieving that , again doesn’t interest me as long as we keep logging 3 Pts every other game.

People are just desperate to do well we were shocking last night a decent team would of buried us yet people are convincing themselves players played well there was only Willis who played well. I don’t know what people see with wyke I think he’s just a player people want to like because he’s terrible at one point he got a standing ovation for tackling someone it’s just desperation

We've improved since last season, Willis & McNulty as examples. Singings still to come in, could be up to 3 fullbacks which is exactly where we need to strengthen. JR has got a grip now of the formation and his 1st team players - 3 straight wins proves that.
It'll never be pretty with big Charles leading the line but we're on the right track & we will win this division, you'll see.

People are just desperate to do well we were shocking last night a decent team would of buried us yet people are convincing themselves players played well there was only Willis who played well. I don’t know what people see with wyke I think he’s just a player people want to like because he’s terrible at one point he got a standing ovation for tackling someone it’s just desperation

People keep saying we were shocking whether it's Rochdale, Ipswich or Portsmouth ... none of those have buried us, so who will?

We've just lost Cattermole, Honeyman and Oviedo and have new players to accommodate so it may take time to get it right. In the meantime, if we keep picking up points, that gives us more time.

We could be top, this weekend, with another 'shocking' display against Wimbledon ...
... I'd have to settle for that despite the fact that we're not playing to the standard I believe we can.

Honestly I’m just a supporter , I haven’t the slightest interest in how much we have spent compared to others in the league. Nowt to do with me . Personally winning and getting out of this division is all sm interested in , how we play whilst achieving that , again doesn’t interest me as long as we keep logging 3 Pts every other game.

Ok muffin, thanks for sharing.

People keep saying we were shocking whether it's Rochdale, Ipswich or Portsmouth ... none of those have buried us, so who will?

We've just lost Cattermole, Honeyman and Oviedo and have new players to accommodate so it may take time to get it right. In the meantime, if we keep picking up points, that gives us more time.

We could be top, this weekend, with another 'shocking' display against Wimbledon ...
... I'd have to settle for that despite the fact that we're not playing to the standard I believe we can.
Do you think a better team would of missed that header from 5 yards out last night ??? They missed shit loads of chances

Do you think a better team would of missed that header from 5 yards out last night ??? They missed shit loads of chances

We scored two goals and won the game.

Rochdale threw everything at us but didn't score two goals.

You can speculate on every game about what may, or may not, have happened.

Last edited:
I'm over the moon we won but dear me we were terrible in that second half against the worst team I've ever seen

The bloke will not get us finishing in the top 2.

He will if we keep beating teams 3-1 mind.

I can understand people not rating him, but we’ve just won 3-1 away from home.

Regardless of the performance, the bloke just can’t do anything right as far as some people are concerned.

Ross and the players are on a hiding to nothing, whatever the results from some unfortunately. Win and it's "whey it's only Rochdale or Accrington" or "so we should Wimbledon are shit". We can only play and beat the team in front of us. Then the odd defeat is used as a "see I'm right" bollocks. We are in league 1 with these teams, as that's where we are.

Back