This might not go down too well on here for some

I'm not convinced we will get top 2. But how much is Jack Ross and how much is Tony Coton, Richard Hill etc I just don't know.

Iv said this several times, 100 points target was exactly the right thing to aim for. Not because its 100 points necessarily, its that it signifies dominance.

If your team is that good, you can easily absorb everything thrown at you, e.g. dodgy penalties, own goals, bad day at the office etc and still get 3 points and march on.

We are nowhere near that. We are a definitely better than bottom teams but only a fraction better than the middle teams which leaves us vulnerable to draws and odd 'unexpected' loss.

More worrying, Peterborough twatted us which might suggest we are actually behind a few clubs. That would totally unacceptable in a 2nd season with highest budget.
We are trying to get promoted to the championship without a championship ready squad. If Ross manages to get us promoted there’s at least 60% of the squad who aren’t good enough.

No top 5 form, if it was top 2 form we'd be in the top 2 !!!

The season's barely started and we've played 12.5% less games - take away everyone's result from the weekend we didn't play and you get a straight comparison of 7 games for everyone.

Exactly Top Two form. FACT.

Ipswich 15 pts
Sunderland 14 Pts
Peterbrough 14 pts
Coventry 13 pts
Wycombe 12 pts
Fleetwood 11 pts
If we’d played as many games as the rest we might be.

Would be.
Nope, even if Coventry and Ipswich didn't play yesterday we still wouldn't be top 2, Coventry would have one more point than us and Ipswich would be on the same points with a vastly superior goal difference

Why are you picking and choosing which games to drop? We didn't play last weekend so the obvious thing is to take the matches away that were played. Ipswich didn't play last week either so they are already on the same games as us - what has their game yesterday got to do with it?

Last edited:
We might look poor cos were a 1st division side, were not gonna replicate barcalona or man city. I think we will have to fight to stay in top 5 but hopefully a biy of investment in jan will help.

We might look poor cos were a 1st division side, were not gonna replicate barcalona or man city. I think we will have to fight to stay in top 5 but hopefully a biy of investment in jan will help.
That's a load of shite no one is saying we should be playing like City or Barcelona. The point a lot of safc fans are making is that our performances have mainly been poor and if they don't improve we won't make the top 2

That's a load of shite no one is saying we should be playing like City or Barcelona. The point a lot of safc fans are making is that our performances have mainly been poor and if they don't improve we won't make the top 2
I honestly don't think this squad is capable of playing any better than they are , credit to the manager for 6 wins out of 7 or whatever the stat is given how poor the level of player he has to work with , imo.

I honestly don't think this squad is capable of playing any better than they are , credit to the manager for 6 wins out of 7 or whatever the stat is given how poor the level of player he has to work with , imo.
Look mate I can see why people defend the manager because like you say 6 wins out of 7 shouldn't be knocked but my gripe is that he signed the players so he's responsible for the performances he's also playing the likes of luke onien out of position when most safc fans would love to see onien given a fair few games in midfield where he shone for Wycombe

There would be no one more happier than me if performances improve and we dominate more games but my fear is that if we continue to play below par we won't make the top 2

Sometimes youve got to grind results out and sometimes youll get a win against the roll of play, however a wins a win. As we seen last season you cant just expect to win every game.
We have, with a couple of exceptions a 1st div team. Weve bought to that level because were broke, unless youth or loans turn us around then were in for a long slog against a mainly physical league.
What other manager would come to us with no money to spend and do a better job? 1st couple of games in and i thought ross wasnt the man for the job but were now stringing results together, for the time being enjoy it.

Back