This Messi bullshit

Happened with Ronaldo recently.

Al Nassr went to China to play a couple friendlies and because Ronaldo was injured, they cancelled them. Instead of playing without him, the games got f***ing cancelled :lol:

There was a rumour that the FA wanted Messi and Argentina to play at Wembley in March but the costs were very high. They settled for Brazil instead

In China and my Chinese wife loves Messi. She is heartbroken about the situation. She watches live podcast stuff on Weibo (Chinese Twitter) that discusses Messi versus Ronaldo and even appeared on the show. She watches all Tik-Tok stuff too. Told her its a load of bollox but it seems this is what Chinese like. The player not the team. Very weird coz we support Sunderland and not the players. Too many plastic Asian fans who don't give a shit as long as the best players play. Anyway later today if Messi plays in Japan wait for a Chinese nuclear meltdown.....
.. How long ..

25 replies and I still don't know what the OP is referring to
Inter Miami played a friendly in Hong Kong last night. Messi was contracted to play 45 minutes. He didn't. Hong Kong crowd huffy, refund demands abound.

I think that people "supporting" a player, not a club is the epitome of the 'consumer first, fan second' direction that football is going.

It's super interesting to see the rise of the fans for single players. I appreciate it was always a bit of a thing, but particularly in Asia for some reason, it seems far more widespread these days
Usually you support a local team or team with connections. These fans have no connections to any team so just want to watch the best player no matter where they play.

I went to watch NYCFC vs Orlando just so I could say I'd see Pirlo play to be fair. He was f***ing shite and came off at half time iirc.

Also got to see David Villa, Kaka and Jack Harrison as well though so not all bad.

Seen Messi score at the Camp Nou in a 2-0 win.

Barca were awful and had Martin Braithwaite playing up top for them. I'd have been canny gutted if Messi didn't play.

The greatest of all time imo*.

*Messi, not Braithwaite.

Sunday May 19th 2024 - Jurgen Klopp bids an emotional farewell to Liverpool fans at Anfield.

* Goes on holiday for a lie down.... *

Monday July 1st 2024 - Jurgen Klopp announced as new manager of Manchester United.
Would f'kin love it if that happened. The meltdown would be beautiful 😂😂🤣

The Chinese have called off games involving Argentina now following the Messi no appearance.
How can you contract someone to definitely play 45 minutes? Surely if they are injured they can't?

Back