This managerial appointment

The trouble with Parkinson is that he was an utterly unambitious cheap option.

He may be successful but it is unlikely.

He was chosen because he was cheap. The owners are not well connected football people with tactical nous. They are Oxford fans playing championship manager quite badly and will bail as soon as they have made as mush money as they can siphon out.

Originally they looked to flip the club quickly but when we didn't succeed in the play offs it has gone south and now they are simply looking to exploit where they can and now deem it fit to establish a culture of communication where they dont have to answer for their actions.

Previous manager put together a squad that isn't anywhere near good or varied enough...hardly Parkinson's fault. Frankly, I couldn't give a crap about the cup games; the league is my priority. Ok, results haven't been as hoped but the performances have been much better than under Ross. We have to give him time and at least 1 transfer window before we start looking to push Parkinson out the door.

Previous manager put together a squad that isn't anywhere near good or varied enough...hardly Parkinson's fault. Frankly, I couldn't give a crap about the cup games; the league is my priority. Ok, results haven't been as hoped but the performances have been much better than under Ross. We have to give him time and at least 1 transfer window before we start looking to push Parkinson out the door.
Previous manager put together a squad? Our recruitment team put together a squad in the main.

The appointment screams league one mediocrity. If we take a look at the other candidates, the majority seem a better option:

Stendel - my first choice but is holding out for a German team?
Pearson - apparently had an interview but wanted to bring in his own team in (including those on the recruitment side). Absolutely baffling why we'd keep any of the existing backroom staff from the recruitment...
Keane - would have broken Methven's jaw, owners would be too scared of him.
Allardyce - was never going to happen.
Phillips - lacks experience, would have preferred him to Parkinson though.

The 'stand out candidate' line might refer to those who are interested and didn't want to make any changes. The best 'yes' man available basically.

I'll support the manager but not expecting any promotion this season. We look poor and devoid of any confidence, I'm not even confident of reaching the playoffs this season.

Back