This managerial appointment

This is the problem for me. It’s not about the players reacting to a new manager. Most of them just simply aren’t good enough. They’ve got no more to give, they’re simply average league one players performing at their level.

I would disagree massively . You really think Grigg , McNulty for example has no more to give ?
There are much worse squads on paper in this league than us yet most give us problems and some of clearly doing better than we are. Wycombe have Akinfenwa at C.F. the but look where they are ?

Owners are not fans of Sunderland. Their ambition seems to me to make a few fast bucks and off, they want to do that as cheaply as possible. Why they thought it would be easy at a club as big as this with thevlack of resources that they have is way beyond me. Let’s just remember, they gamble with our future in spending our vital parachute income on buying the place.

I've said it before and I will say it again..... Parky WILL win you promotion this season. Why is it your worried about all these cups? I can assure you PP will be focused and will focus your team on one target this season PROMOTION. Remember this post come late April please
Respect your opinion. However, he has an absolutely shit squad to work with, is not a popular appointment and his employers have the worst finish this club has ever had on their hands. So, it all looks a bit f***ing grim for 'Parky'.

He was out of work and there was no way he would turn down the chance of trying to turn is around. But I think he has had his eyes opened to the state and attitudes of the squad since he's came in.
In the Oxford game the camera panned to him on the sideline and he was just standing there shaking his head.

Has started with a bang hasn't it.
New manager bounce evident

No, but lets give him a chance.

I actually think that Jack Ross started really well given the hand he was dealt with, and I am sure the majority of us were happy with him at this time last year - but we all know what happened since then.

Parkinson wouldn't have been my choice of manager, but I am a long way from condemning him yet.

Seems to be a narrative repeated constantly on here. I'm not sure how much cheaper Parkinson would be than other unemployed managers.
Sacking Ross cost money. We had to pay up his contract. It would have been cheaper to keep him yet the owners decided not to which flies in the face of this "cheapest option" narrative that seems to be growing on here

I think Parkinson is not a bad manager and knows how we need to play.I like Parkinson's post match interviews as he says what went wrong during the match and has a definite idea of what the players need to to be doing. Unlike Ross were he basically just made excuses and waffled on.

Last edited:
He would still have my vocal support if I could bring myself to go and watch us play. I cannit though, my threshold for awful football doesn't stretch this far.

Never thought I'd be relieved to sleep through a Sunderland game rather than endure it but that's where we are.

It's not looking ower clever so far but I'll reserve judgement for our league form. These cup games might have been useful in trying to build a bit of momentum or whatever, but not winning them isn't the end of the world as truth be told we can do without being involved - pity we have a replay to contend with mind. Two wins in seven tells one story, but two wins in four tells another... we simply have to beat Coventry. If we don't, massive alarm bells'll be ringing.

Shut up idiot.How can i be a mag with my piss taking username.? Idiot.

He is an ignorant idiot.Im saying that if PP were not available we would have probably appointed a cheap and nasty candidate like.those I mentioned.Take no notice of that ignorant misguided idiot who calls me a mag.I am not i can assure you.
Based on your nonsensical posts on the politics forum then it’s obvious you’re a parody account. Embarrassing.

Back