This man gets it right every single time.

• Thread starter Deleted member 43869
  • Start date

You just know Labour will go crackers at this as it will disproportionately affect ethnic minorities.
Tough love needed. If you have been offered the jab, there is no reason to refuse it.
Start marginalising those who haven't had the jab and that will focus some minds - as Orwellian as that may sound

Personally I'm 100% behind Vaccine passports. I know there will be many who say it discriminates against the elderly, but I'm not so sure about that - Even my 87 year old uncle has a smart phone and he has grandkids able to download an app for him if needed. Additionally, you can get paper copies of your vaccine record

I guarantee that if airlines started asking for proof of vaccine, the nay-sayers would be straight to the GP demanding the jab

How I wish he was at the helm.

The UK population put their life on hold to protect 3 groups of people:

- The very elderly
- The clinically vulnerable
- And to a lesser extent, the generally fit and healthy over 60s.

These population groups were also fast tracked to the vaccine.

While the rest of us are having to put our lives on hold and wait for a vaccine to continue protecting them it makes no sense to set those groups free first - we went into this together and should come out of it together. The resentment towards these groups would be huge.

You just know Labour will go crackers at this as it will disproportionately affect ethnic minorities.

It’s a reasonable question worth asking though, is it not? Should we put something in place, which limits freedoms in the first place, and if so, even if it disproportionately limits freedoms of any particular ethnic group?

Personally as a Labour member I would say this is an unfortunate side-effect of a wholly necessary intervention, and one which only impacts those who’ve made a choice to not have the jab.

It seems as if you’re just using this for political point-scoring, which I accept is your intellectual level, but I don’t think anyone needs to hear it. Perhaps engage your brain before your keyboard in future.

This is a serious issue and not one to be used as a vehicle for your shite.

It’s a reasonable question worth asking though, is it not? Should we put something in place, which limits freedoms in the first place, and if so, even if it disproportionately limits freedoms of any particular ethnic group?

Personally as a Labour member I would say this is an unfortunate side-effect of a wholly necessary intervention, and one which only impacts those who’ve made a choice to not have the jab.

It seems as if you’re just using this for political point-scoring, which I accept is your intellectual level, but I don’t think anyone needs to hear it.
That's a fair question. Everyone has had an equal opportunity to get vaccinated, and a disproportionate effort has been made to help get ethnic minorities vaccinated, so basing the decision on race would be ridiculous.

No doubt you and your sort would happily base you decisions on this though. That's the worry.

Abundance?

Apart from medical issues there isnt any other valid reason really.

"Medical issues" isn't simply one reason though.

For example:

Needle phobia
Bad reactions to previous injections/vaccinations
Conditions that mean the side affects are more intense/difficult to deal with e.g. Fibromyalgia and many others
Fear of being in a crowded area, or vulnerable to being in crowded areas due to catching illness e.g. covid
Pregnancy

Then there's people who may doubt the effectiveness of the vaccine, may feel there's not enough research etc, and all valid reasons if that's how they feel about it.
Some people may not have the time to make it to local mass vaccinations, or have the means to travel to other sites.
Some people may not be able to afford to have one arm done in for a few days, or feel ill, for example if they're a single parent or a carer.

For the record, I've had mine, before I get called anti-vaxxer etc.

Last edited:
I know a 50 year old bloke who lives with his 85 year old parents who claims this.

Seems he can't get over it to protect his parents.

It's not a thing in adults - if it is, they need to have a look at themselves.

Like I said, the existence of phobias is not subjective so your opinion and anecdotes are irrelevant.

Not really.

Seems when things are tough people find it very easy to hide.

I'd love to see how people would behave if we ever went to war.

This last 18 months has really highlighted just how pathetic some people are when asked to protect more vulnerable.

You'd be out on the front lines I take it?

Back