This is tomorrow….

The line up was decent, but we've seen them all before. Still we are there for the music and to be able to have a few drinks. As @Harry Angstrom says these things go hand in hand and the fact that approximately half of the entire festival was queuing at any given time tells you that the majority of people are of the same opinion.

The notion that you go to an event for one part of it only is a bit daft, you have to understand that. It's like saying you'll go on holiday but only to sunbathe and go in the sea. You go anywhere for the whole experience and that includes food and drinks being available at a festival. No matter how you want to dress it up, almost nobody is that much of a purist where they are sitting there with their clipboard marking off the lyrics of Gerry Cinnamon and clapping profusely after every song.

Not being able to get a drink for over an hour is shite. Paying £6 for a drink (min) is also taking the piss, but in all honesty wouldn't have made that much of a difference had anyone been able to buy one.

Fucks sake :lol:
As I said I get your point ,don't get the holiday analogy at all
Ten people want 10 completely different things from a holiday destination
It's a music festival not a "Day out in a park"
Any savvy promoter will have loads of ways to get money out of the captive punters while they are there, they failed . I've drove to leeds festival for one of the nights and drove back . Drink is a big part of gigs but loads including me don't need or look for it as a driver anymore

As I said I get your point ,don't get the holiday analogy at all
Ten people want 10 completely different things from a holiday destination
It's a music festival not a "Day out in a park"
Any savvy promoter will have loads of ways to get money out of the captive punters while they are there, they failed . I've drove to leeds festival for one of the nights and drove back . Drink is a big part of gigs but loads including me don't need or look for it as a driver anymore
Aye the analogy wasn't the best tbf.

So it's just a case of you and I are there for different things, unsurprising then that it means less to you than it does to me and my friends. That's okay.

Aye the analogy wasn't the best tbf.

So it's just a case of you and I are there for different things, unsurprising then that it means less to you than it does to me and my friends. That's okay.
I'd be Harry in this case ,free ticket ,dodge along ,no real interest in bands on so bar ,music ,bit crack. Hang on ,bar is shite .
At this point you may have had a " these are good " moment or let's go to the Hancock for a beer

Goat Girl are really good fwiw.
I was looking forward to seeing them again but they have pulled out over the SSD trouble, along with a few others. Nadine Shah is getting loads of grief for explaining why she IS playing!

Interesting that they've got Brewdog running a bar after they and their owner have been getting similar criticism.

Is Beabadoobee well known amongst the younger folks on here? Had never heard of her so surprised to see her so high up the bill but been listening to a few of her jangly indie poppy tunes and looking forward to seeing her now. Nowt to do with the fact that she's gorgeous, mind.

I was looking forward to seeing them again but they have pulled out over the SSD trouble, along with a few others. Nadine Shah is getting loads of grief for explaining why she IS playing!

Interesting that they've got Brewdog running a bar after they and their owner have been getting similar criticism.

;) :lol:

Gerry was quality as always and made it worth going, the rest of the day was a shambles.

The bar situation was a joke but luckily I decided to drive, turned out to be the best decision I’ve made

A pal waited 2 hours to get served …. Mental

Got in just after 18:00. Queues for a pint over 90 mins long. Tried to sneak into VIP area unsuccessfully but were told we could upgrade to VIP for £40 each. One of our group left to go to the box office to to try and upgrade us all only to be told that they had sold out of VIP passes. He was then refused entry back in, so we all left not long after 18:30. Load of shite.

Sounds like the match this.
If you had a limited time to sell beer at £6 a pint surely youd pay an army on minimum wage rather than cut back n flog half as much?

Back