This is tomorrow….

She was on Lamacq a few weeks ago with a fella from The Bluetones who was talking about how he had just played a gig in Barry Hyde's pub. She was saying how its mad that she has never played a gig in Sunderland because its her home town. :lol:

I do get the impression that she just says things to try and appease the masses.
I am afraid she is a great example of the modern way of showing how woke you are via your social media posts rather than actually living your life that way. She says she is taking a stand against SSD and yet she'll also take the £'s from them (I know that another promoter took over).

Just saw the Nadine Shah twitter post - classic social media nonsense. She says she's taking a stand but is not. She is trying to get kudos when she is being utterly hypocritical. I believe she has donated her profit of £300 to some charity. How much would she have got paid? £10K? More? Less? All I see is a singer who bases her career on principle is yet another one with precious little principles. She's even trying to make her self out to be a martyr.
aye :lol: i got told to f#ck off

I am afraid she is a great example of the modern way of showing how woke you are via your social media posts rather than actually living your life that way. She says she is taking a stand against SSD and yet she'll also take the £'s from them (I know that another promoter took over).

I mind when she went ballistic on the day before / morning of the Mercury prize shortlist about how disgusting and wrong it was that the 1975 had been nominated instead of her, an indie artist.

The nominations came out and they weren’t even in it. And they’re on an indie label themselves anyway :lol:

I mind when she went ballistic on the day before / morning of the Mercury prize shortlist about how disgusting and wrong it was that the 1975 had been nominated instead of her, an indie artist.

The nominations came out and they weren’t even in it. And they’re on an indie label themselves anyway :lol:
Nowt wrong with her earning her corn but she needs to drop the woke warrior stuff - its all utter shite.

Exactly - stop trying to say you took a stand when that's exactly what you didn't do. And stop trying to score woke points when you've been a hypocrite. Oh and while I'm on it, stop saying Newcastle is your home town when you're from Whitburn and stop trying to do a ridiculous Geordie accent when you went to a posh private school. Other than that I love Nadine Shah.
Can't get away with her, and on the whole I like all local music

Exactly - stop trying to say you took a stand when that's exactly what you didn't do. And stop trying to score woke points when you've been a hypocrite. Oh and while I'm on it, stop saying Newcastle is your home town when you're from Whitburn and stop trying to do a ridiculous Geordie accent when you went to a posh private school. Other than that I love Nadine Shah.
I thought she was bloody dull. Gave her about 20 minutes and legged it. Was disappointed.

I can’t stand the misappropriation of that word btw…

Nowt wrong with being socially conscious - as long as you’re genuine… not sure it applies to the artist in question and I can’t abide hypocrisy
Agree 100% with this. I was chatting to my daughter this morning. I am an old man and accept that me and my generation need educating and need to be aware of what more can be done regarding racism, misogyny discrimination etc. I try to listen and improve myself on that score. However, the a lot of the calling out/cancelling seems to be about finding who we can criticise and find to blame. How may people who seem themselves as 'woke' do any more than put up posts on twitter/instagram? Did the people who uses the 'Be Kind' hashtag actually stopped being arseholes? This latest post from Nadine Shah is actually a case study in hypocritical virtue signalling.

I know a little about Steve Davis but don't know whether he is 'guilty' or 'innocent' but it doesn't take much digging to find out whatever he did was not as bad as what the likes of Jimmy Page, Iggy Pop or David Bowie did - ok it was a different time but lets not venerate people who have done things which for most people would result in jail time etc.
I thought she was bloody dull. Gave her about 20 minutes and legged it. Was disappointed.
Yes, I thought she was dull when I saw her supporting Ghost Poet at the Cluny. How was the whole day? Did you go all 3 days. I went to the one with Noel Gallagher and thought it was great despite rubbish weather.

Last edited:
Yes, I thought she was dull when I saw her supporting Ghost Poet at the Cluny. How was the whole day? Did you go all 3 days. I went to the one with Noel Gallagher and thought it was great despite rubbish weather.
It was okay. Saturday was shockingly over subscribed. I went for free and live 5 minutes walk away otherwise I wouldn't have gone.

I was at that Ghostpoet gig and my mate still goes on about how terrible he was :lol:

Back