This is shocking

It's not complete ignorance. Am I black, no, but I have spent a considerable amount of time as a minority in my own diverse friend group to be in a decent position to comment.

The fact that you were initially very quick to slap words to your post for added effect, yet seem to be a bit more timidly addressing the specifics a bit more when pressed. In what world does it make sense for black people to destroy the livelihood of other black people running small, independent business', in a country where they will be the least likely to receive state assistance to recover from it?
You're White. You will never have an idea what it's like to be black. No-one will ever look at you as though you're black, judge you as if you're black, treat you as if you're black, because your'e not. You cant share in that as an equal partner or anything close to it.

Half my family are black. My nephews are. If I ever have children they will mixed race. I couldn't have closer ties besides actually being born black.

But I'm white. I will never be able to speak into their experience. I can listen to it and share their circumstances and their fight. But whenever I'm out and my wife or nephews get looked at or treated a certain way? That isnt extended to me.

You're White. You will never have an idea what it's like to be black. No-one will ever look at you as though you're black, judge you as if you're black, treat you as if you're black, because your'e not. You cant share in that as an equal partner or anything close to it.

Half my family are black. My nephews are. If I ever have children they will mixed race. I couldn't have closer ties besides actually being born black.

But I'm white. I will never be able to speak into their experience. I can listen to it and share their circumstances and their fight. But whenever I'm out and my wife or nephews get looked at or treated a certain way? That isnt extended to me.
Do you apologise for the British Empire every day?

More talking shite. Never implied I do or would. You are the one in here who's been putting out your opinions on behalf of black people for pages and pages.

Are you going to continue to avoid answering my point? It makes it look increasingly more like you interpreted my initial post as being from the same side of some of the racists in here and just had to reply to it with something.

You are coming out with all this in defense of black people turning on their own brothers and ruining their livelihoods.

More talking shite. Never implied I do or would. You are the one in here who's been putting out your opinions on behalf of black people for pages and pages.

Are you going to continue to avoid answering my point? It makes it look increasingly more like you interpreted my initial post as being from the same side of some of the racists in here and just had to reply to it with something.

You are coming out with all this in defense of black people turning on their own brothers and ruining their livelihoods.
As I said mate I have no place as a white person to speak into black community solutions.

I have posted threads from Black people on Twitter so that's not me saying anything, I have posted condemnation of police brutality for which I make no apology as that is objective observation proven by the evidence I posted and I have expressed common theories on why oppressed groups protest and riot.

I never once said I was black, spoke for black people or had any capacity to do so. For the same reason I am not going to condemn those who are doing what they are doing, nor am I going to condone it. I've simply said I can see why people refused the protection and option of law who see their community members killed weekly and whose countless peaceful protests are ignored turn to violent protest. I have no answers.

I had a reply to this removed, strange.
Which part of the USA are you in mate?
Not going to engage with you mate. Waste of time.

I engage with plenty other ignorant folk on here or who dont share my views, but you're quite obviously just on a wind up and I'm embarrassed I even tried to guve you the benefit of the doubt to be honest.

As I said mate I have no place as a white person to speak into black community solutions.

I have posted threads from Black people on Twitter so that's not me saying anything, I have posted condemnation of police brutality for which I make no apology as that is objective observation proven by the evidence I posted and I have expressed common theories on why oppressed groups protest and riot.

I never once said I was black, spoke for black people or had any capacity to do so. For the same reason I am not going to condemn those who are doing what they are doing, nor am I going to condone it. I've simply said I can see why people refused the protection and option of law who see their community members killed weekly and whose countless peaceful protests are ignored turn to violent protest. I have no answers.

I'm not talking about condemning police brutality, we are on the same 'side'. I'm specifically talking about the point of unity and the rather bizarre reply to my post earlier in the thread about it. Black people in the US need to unify and stand up for their rights, unfortunately there will be the pure anarchists who come out during this and ruin the lives of more black people for no justifiable reason, they simply want to loot and cause damage. The same way there was looters years ago who probably couldn't even tell you who Mark Duggan was.

I see a distinct difference between police buildings being burnt down and black people's small business' trashed for access to a safe.

Aye but lets not make this about you eh?

I was asked about my personal experience, but I agree, wont be posting any more other than videos and testimonies of POC

Given that my earlier post is echoed by plenty of POC, including the family of MLK, you should try calming down before replying to folk in future. It seems you're prone to missing the point based on the exchanges we've had.

Given that my earlier post is echoed by plenty of POC, including the family of MLK, you should try calming down before replying to folk in future. It seems you're prone to missing the point based on the exchanges we've had.
I'll continue to listen to POC I know over white people I dont on matters of race. You should do the same seeing as you're in the position of knowing the people you do. In no way am I going to say I know better. As I say I I condemn or condone, its not my experience to judge on.

MLK III Tweets the past few days dont seem to chime with what you said about his family mind

I'm not talking about condemning police brutality, we are on the same 'side'. I'm specifically talking about the point of unity and the rather bizarre reply to my post earlier in the thread about it. Black people in the US need to unify and stand up for their rights, unfortunately there will be the pure anarchists who come out during this and ruin the lives of more black people for no justifiable reason, they simply want to loot and cause damage. The same way there was looters years ago who probably couldn't even tell you who Mark Duggan was.

I see a distinct difference between police buildings being burnt down and black people's small business' trashed for access to a safe.
Id recommend using the ignore button.

I'll continue to listen to POC I know over white people I dont on matters of race. You should do the same seeing as you're in the position of knowing the people you do. In no way am I going to say I know better. As I say I I condemn or condone, its not my experience to judge on.

MLK III Tweets the past few days dont seem to chime with what you said about his family mind

I do mate. They would think the point that you repeatedly refused to adress regarding unity as fairly abhorrent. Although it's pointless having this discussion if your view is that nobody can have an opinion and ends up being a 'my mates' versus 'your mates'. All very pathetic but again I'd urge you to consider how many black people will be suffering due to opportunist looters in search of material goods.

I do mate. They would think the point that you repeatedly refused to adress regarding unity as fairly abhorrent. Although it's pointless having this discussion if your view is that nobody can have an opinion and ends up being a 'my mates' versus 'your mates'. All very pathetic but again I'd urge you to consider how many black people will be suffering due to opportunist looters in search of material goods.
That's literally what you've done. I've presented one perspective informed by the circumstances of people I know. You've presented another informed by the same. I can accept people have different reasons for approaching things as they do and have tried several times to leave it at that, you don't seem to be able to though.

Whilst I agree this is an awful tragedy, do we just ignore the fact that he was refusing and fighting against getting in a police car for 40 minutes.

Uncomfortable as it is, where are all the black lives matter posts when teenage black lads are killing each other left right and centre in pathetic gang violence across the country. Do we just ignore that?

Just playing devil's advocate by the way

Whilst I agree this is an awful tragedy, do we just ignore the fact that he was refusing and fighting against getting in a police car for 40 minutes.

Uncomfortable as it is, where are all the black lives matter posts when teenage black lads are killing each other left right and centre in pathetic gang violence across the country. Do we just ignore that?

Just playing devil's advocate by the way
I haven’t seen any evidence of him fighting. Devils Advocate or victim blaming?

Back