This is going to hurt

The book is a really good read. You really get the feeling of anxiety and pressure they're under. It's open and honest (too much so) and you're left wondering why anyone would ever put themselves through it. A special breed of people.

Very good series albeit quite different and a lot darker than the book.

Was tough watching it with my wife as this is basically her life. I've seen her go through a lot of the same shit (although thankfully not as bad).

Ben Whishaw is just absolutely brilliant. Been reading a bit of criticism about the lack of empathy with the portrayal of expectant mothers. But the whole point surely is that it's from the viewpoint of the medical side not the patients.

Ben Whishaw is just absolutely brilliant. Been reading a bit of criticism about the lack of empathy with the portrayal of expectant mothers. But the whole point surely is that it's from the viewpoint of the medical side not the patients.
The old Consultant lass is brilliant in it

Just got the last episode to watch. Very good.
The last one touched an (umbilical) chord with me as there's a delivery on there that was the same as my eldest lad and it makes you realise how close it was to being tragic. Was a blur of unknowing bewilderment at the time and thankfully the staff reacted superbly.

Enjoyed it as a TV drama, and thought the soundtrack was very good, but as the main character is based on the author I can't help but think that he is massive entitled prick.
That was one of the themes though, as highlighted by the loud sweary consultant wifey and also his awful mother. He was very flawed as a person.

Back