This Ginger Pele lad.

7 Consecutive league games scored.
17 goals in 16 league games.
Top scorer in England.

Just not used to this but today belonged to the motm Paul Caddis returning back home.
Nearly scored a 25 yarder but struck the inside of the post.
5 out of 5 wins on the bounce and not used to this.
25 goals between our 2 Strikers is an impressive return and 2 key players back within the next few weeks. Just can’t allow myself to believe but this is a very good side assembled on a shoestring budget.
Glad you equalised in the last minute and hope that can kick start the season.
No way are you out of touch and reckon the pressure is off at the away games.
Don’t give up just yet as plenty of games and only in November.

7 Consecutive league games scored.
17 goals in 16 league games.
Top scorer in England.

Just not used to this but today belonged to the motm Paul Caddis returning back home.
Nearly scored a 25 yarder but struck the inside of the post.
5 out of 5 wins on the bounce and not used to this.
25 goals between our 2 Strikers is an impressive return and 2 key players back within the next few weeks. Just can’t allow myself to believe but this is a very good side assembled on a shoestring budget.
Glad you equalised in the last minute and hope that can kick start the season.
No way are you out of touch and reckon the pressure is off at the away games.
Don’t give up just yet as plenty of games and only in November.

Doyle can be recalled, can't he?

Haway Stewie, hoy in a bid for January!

Doyle can be recalled, can't he?

Haway Stewie, hoy in a bid for January!

Unfortunately he can but cannot play for another English club other than us or Bradford this season.
And to think the Bradford fans said he was shit.
Mind you he always scores for the special one hence why he signed him.
To be fair it’s our style that suits him.
We need to keep Doyle, Yates, Grant and Benda in goal.
Isgrove and Anderson available within weeks.

18 goals in 17 for the Ginger Pele and Yates now with 10.
28 goals from your front two and not even half way through the season is some return.

Mind you when you are on a decent run they go in with all the luck.
The 3rd was a decent goal.
Some pace in this side though.

28 goals from your front two and not even half way through the season is some return.

We have grigg and Wyke one each hahaha

Yates is defo being recalled by Rotherham btw, they need a backup for Ladapo in badly, Smith can't replace his goals if he gets injured, Yates could.

Doyle probably going to be recalled to Bradford unless you can pay them a fee for him too.

Yates is defo being recalled by Rotherham btw, they need a backup for Ladapo in badly, Smith can't replace his goals if he gets injured, Yates could.

Doyle probably going to be recalled to Bradford unless you can pay them a fee for him too.

Not from my understanding.
However things can change.

Not from my understanding.
However things can change.

My understanding is that Doyle is as good as gone, Bradford have resolved the FPP issues that they sent him to you to solve anyway (additional revenue from cup competitions made them up to 55% ratio even with recalling Doyle for rest of season) , and while they can't use him because they won't get the same player, they need a striker in because of Donaldson's injury issues, and to get a striker in they need money, and their only asset is Doyle. The other option is they look for a loan fee from Swindon to keep him, in addition to an increased wage contribution to 100%.

The contractual position of Swindon in this is very very poor according to what Wellen has said,Bradford have you by the balls, it's a 5 day notice to recall him.

(The good news is that the instant recall player Wellens mentions is Adam May, who is being recalled by us because you didn't use him). Relying on loanee strikers for goals in the first place was a silly move.

Last edited:
My understanding is that Doyle is as good as gone, Bradford have resolved the FPP issues that they sent him to you to solve anyway (additional revenue from cup competitions made them up to 55% ratio even with recalling Doyle for rest of season) , and while they can't use him because they won't get the same player, they need a striker in because of Donaldson's injury issues, and to get a striker in they need money, and their only asset is Doyle. The other option is they look for a loan fee from Swindon to keep him, in addition to an increased wage contribution to 100%.

The contractual position of Swindon in this is very very poor according to what Wellen has said,Bradford have you by the balls, it's a 5 day notice to recall him.

(The good news is that the instant recall player Wellens mentions is Adam May, who is being recalled by us because you didn't use him). Relying on loanee strikers for goals in the first place was a silly move.

May will be going back I believe.
Just not cut it at all.
Mind you Rose not doing bad as a squad player.
More optimistic regarding Yates although both players are desperate to stay. Doyle only scores for Wellens :) and don’t be too hasty over Doyle’s wages and who is paying the majority. If both return they can’t be loaned out this season to another English club and as for relying on two loanee strikers. One was out wide for Carlisle last season and the other was deemed as shite by the Bradford fans.
Credit goes to our Manager for playing them in the style he plays and with the team around them. Doyle was at Oldham with Wellens.
We have 4 other targets according to Noel Hunt (another one of yours). Was out with him on an event a fair few weeks back.

Just not cut it at all.
More optimistic regarding Yates although both players are desperate to stay. Doyle only scores for Wellens :) and don’t be too hasty over Doyle’s wages and who is paying the majority. If both return they can’t be loaned out this season to another English club and as for relying on two loanee strikers. One was out wide for Carlisle last season and the other was deemed as shite by the Bradford fans.
Credit goes to our Manager for playing them in the style he plays and with the team around them. Doyle was at Oldham with Wellens.
We have 4 other targets according to Noel Hunt (another one of yours). Was out with him on an event a fair few weeks back.

Doyle did pretty well for Paul Cook at Chesterfield as I recall....

Apparently the amount of money they needed to find to make up the Swindon wage contribution for Doyle for the rest of the season is only about 70k, which they would have made from their cup runs and sponsored events. I think Swindon can keep him for sure, but it would involve paying Bradford a fee by all accounts, possibly a substantial one.

I mean if I were Bradford, losing 70k is worth it just to try and mess up Swindon, even if Doyle never plays for them again.
Just not cut it at all.

Top League One clubs don't let players who are younger, so would have minimal wage contribs, and are performing at the highest standard in League Two stay generally, because the upside of recalling them can be potentially very high (get performances in league one, help them get promoted, if they don't get promoted they would get a bigger fee if they'd performed at league one level when a Championship team comes in etc), and the downside is very small (clubs like Rotherham and Sunderland have bigger wage budgets so the wages of someone like Yates or Ethan Robson isn't a concern to them, they normally progress in the EFL trophy so can get them game time if they don't do it in League One, or have an u23 team like Sunderland do for that)

That's also why Sunderland recalled Ethan Robson from Grimsby

Last edited:
Doyle did pretty well for Paul Cook at Chesterfield as I recall....

Apparently the amount of money they needed to find to make up the Swindon wage contribution for Doyle for the rest of the season is only about 70k, which they would have made from their cup runs and sponsored events. I think Swindon can keep him for sure, but it would involve paying Bradford a fee by all accounts, possibly a substantial one.

I mean if I were Bradford, losing 70k is worth it just to try and mess up Swindon, even if Doyle never plays for them again.

Top League One clubs don't let players who are younger, so would have minimal wage contribs, and are performing at the highest standard in League Two stay generally, because the upside of recalling them can be potentially very high (get performances in league one, help them get promoted, if they don't get promoted they would get a bigger fee if they'd performed at league one level when a Championship team comes in etc), and the downside is very small (clubs like Rotherham and Sunderland have bigger wage budgets so the wages of someone like Yates or Ethan Robson isn't a concern to them, they normally progress in the EFL trophy so can get them game time if they don't do it in League One, or have an u23 team like Sunderland do for that)

That's also why Sunderland recalled Ethan Robson from Grimsby

Many factors go into the recalls.
Yates will play at a higher level though I believe.
Swindon have an excellent reputation for looking after the young players.
Priority has to be get up this season. Still have Isgrove and Anderson back in next week and our Captain could be back towards the end of the season. Caddis an excellent addition.
Players will want to come to a side chasing promotion thus will wait and see meanwhile let’s get the 7th win out of 7 and keep collecting points.

19 goals in 18. Scored in his 9th consecutive game.
What a return for a player that Bradford fans labelled shit.
7th win in 7 league games.
Only a matter of time when the dream implodes.

Back