This current Swindon team

We play possession and counter attacking football. Keeping the ball on the ground at all times. Teams are coming to the CG to shut up shop from the first minute thus our defenders push up and all comfortable with the ball.
Most of the players have been touted at a higher level and a few have lost their way Isgrove, Fryers (recovering from injury) Hunt.
The best from last season, our Captain Dion Conroy and Anderson have moved up another notch down to the coaching and better players around them.
Doyle 7 in 7 now but on a season long loan. He will be a concern to keep as Jerry Yates the number 9 who works works and works from Rotherham on loan.
We have strength in depth though which we have never had.
Problem is we are being talked about thus the vultures will start circling. Lower league football clubs and the territory I’m afraid :(

North London’s Finest
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Time to grow up I would have thought.

We are not losing money at present thus not in s bad position.
However every player has a price and some on short contracts that we need to tie down longer.
This season a must to go up or a fear a rebuild.

The brief highlights didn’t do it justice.
Other chances and another disallowed goal.
As you said excellent goals and the movement. Refreshing at this level not hoofing up to the big lump.

Said many a time on this forum your fans were a credit that day.
They were aptly rewarded days later :)
My god have some self respect

Best football seen down there in years.
Way beyond league two but counts for nothing unless you can get out of it.
It will be tough to keep this crop of players. As a minimum we have to get out of this League to stand a chance of keeping them.
For now though just enjoying every game.

Both our mutual clubs should have a decent season.
When we got relegated out of the Premier I thought it the end of the world, but then you realise it doesn't really matter what league you're in aslong as you're playing well and winning games.
Saw, the highlights there marra. I think you'd give us a run for our money.
My god have some self respect
Always amazes me that someone creates a profile, keeps it all secretive, just to come on to be a prick to other posters.
You know he's a Swindon fan, you know that lots of Safc fans like having a craic on with him, just ignore him.
Unless of course you're a mag.
Whichever, it's absolutely pathetic.

Last edited:
Best football seen down there in years.
Way beyond league two but counts for nothing unless you can get out of it.
It will be tough to keep this crop of players. As a minimum we have to get out of this League to stand a chance of keeping them.
For now though just enjoying every game.

Both our mutual clubs should have a decent season.
Looks like you’re playing some lovely stuff and it could be the start of something bigger for you. Enjoy every minute marra and don’t let “fans” of other clubs get to you. No matter how big their shiny new stadium is, they’ll never understand what following real football is. That’s why they feel the need to come on here.

Looks like you’re playing some lovely stuff and it could be the start of something bigger for you. Enjoy every minute marra and don’t let “fans” of other clubs get to you. No matter how big their shiny new stadium is, they’ll never understand what following real football is. That’s why they feel the need to come on here.

Spot on.
As many have said on here when you follow a less fancied club the highs are absolutely massive when the norms are generally low and depressing.
Having stuck through these and dragged both my lads all over the Country there is a feel good factor returning. The performance Saturday was faultless for 90 minutes and the first half at Orient last week the same.
Just enjoying this but feeling the bubble bursts anytime as this is what happens with us. Both lads get spoilt as the Captains parents have taken a shine to them both as we meet up at every game. Off they went into the players lounge Saturday beaming from ear to ear and the youngest met his new favourite player, Isgrove on the pitch before the game. This without doubt is the best part of supporting a smaller club as you have a chance to get into the heart of it.
Appreciate the words mate.

Spot on.
As many have said on here when you follow a less fancied club the highs are absolutely massive when the norms are generally low and depressing.
Having stuck through these and dragged both my lads all over the Country there is a feel good factor returning. The performance Saturday was faultless for 90 minutes and the first half at Orient last week the same.
Just enjoying this but feeling the bubble bursts anytime as this is what happens with us. Both lads get spoilt as the Captains parents have taken a shine to them both as we meet up at every game. Off they went into the players lounge Saturday beaming from ear to ear and the youngest met his new favourite player, Isgrove on the pitch before the game. This without doubt is the best part of supporting a smaller club as you have a chance to get into the heart of it.
Appreciate the words mate.
Think it makes it all the sweeter when you know the kids are loving it. When they can't wait to go to matches, you know you've done something right :)

Back