This current Swindon team

Best football seen down there in years.
Way beyond league two but counts for nothing unless you can get out of it.
It will be tough to keep this crop of players. As a minimum we have to get out of this League to stand a chance of keeping them.
For now though just enjoying every game.

Both our mutual clubs should have a decent season.

It will be tough to keep this crop of players. As a minimum we have to get out of this League to stand a chance of keeping them.

If they move on at good prices, would strengthen your finances?

I spent Friday evening out with my cousin who is over here in Thailand at a conference. He's from my grandmother's side of the family who are mostly based in Swindon and massive Swindon fans. He's 57 and seen his fair share of ups and downs at the County Ground, but he's pretty excited about this year's squad after a massive clearout in the summer. I shall definitely be keeping an eye out on Swindon's progress this season.

We got onto the topic of the playoff final in 1990 - as we often have done when we have met up for some beers - and he told me how after that game, which we got murdered in, he and his brother were surrounded near their car by a group of Sunderland fans after the match. He was a bit taken aback when they asked him and his brother if they could exchange scarves. Seems like some people had taken the defeat well. Better than me anyway. I just remember walking along the road kicking traffic cones out of frustration at how badly we'd performed in that game.
'

I spent Friday evening out with my cousin who is over here in Thailand at a conference. He's from my grandmother's side of the family who are mostly based in Swindon and massive Swindon fans. He's 57 and seen his fair share of ups and downs at the County Ground, but he's pretty excited about this year's squad after a massive clearout in the summer. I shall definitely be keeping an eye out on Swindon's progress this season.

We got onto the topic of the playoff final in 1990 - as we often have done when we have met up for some beers - and he told me how after that game, which we got murdered in, he and his brother were surrounded near their car by a group of Sunderland fans after the match. He was a bit taken aback when they asked him and his brother if they could exchange scarves. Seems like some people had taken the defeat well. Better than me anyway. I just remember walking along the road kicking traffic cones out of frustration at how badly we'd performed in that game.
'
Yet at the time we didn’t really know that the result didn’t matter because of Swindons off field shenanigans.

Brown nose stop fishing for compliments

Do you think any of your team can play at the highest level? If so who are they? What are their styles of play? And how much would you sell them for?

Do you think any of your team can play at the highest level? If so who are they? What are their styles of play? And how much would you sell them for?

If they can keep free of injury and we have a few loans at least 7 or 8 thus important to keep them together.
Wellens has done an absolute cracking job as has Paul Jewell who has scouted some these players.
I took 2 blokes with me yesterday and they could not believe the quality.
Long may it continue.

We play possession and counter attacking football. Keeping the ball on the ground at all times. Teams are coming to the CG to shut up shop from the first minute thus our defenders push up and all comfortable with the ball.
Most of the players have been touted at a higher level and a few have lost their way Isgrove, Fryers (recovering from injury) Hunt.
The best from last season, our Captain Dion Conroy and Anderson have moved up another notch down to the coaching and better players around them.
Doyle 7 in 7 now but on a season long loan. He will be a concern to keep as Jerry Yates the number 9 who works works and works from Rotherham on loan.
We have strength in depth though which we have never had.
Problem is we are being talked about thus the vultures will start circling. Lower league football clubs and the territory I’m afraid :(
Brown nose stop fishing for compliments

North London’s Finest
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Time to grow up I would have thought.
If they move on at good prices, would strengthen your finances?

We are not losing money at present thus not in s bad position.
However every player has a price and some on short contracts that we need to tie down longer.
This season a must to go up or a fear a rebuild.
Seconds and third were both crackers, like.

Nice to see, mate.

The brief highlights didn’t do it justice.
Other chances and another disallowed goal.
As you said excellent goals and the movement. Refreshing at this level not hoofing up to the big lump.

'

Said many a time on this forum your fans were a credit that day.
They were aptly rewarded days later :)

Last edited:

Good luck mate.
Delighted for you and your sons.
Long may it continue.

That ball from #4 for the first was a cracker.

#28 your best player? seemed to be everywhere on that clip.

Love the lad Isgrove and our Captain Dion Conroy.
To be fair most of this team could cut it in League One and RW has recruited based on that. It’s a great dressing room.
Took the boys into the players lounge after the game.
The whole club has a great feel about it again.
What could possibly go wrong :(

I backed them last season. So typically I have not this and they are top

Back