This cold/virus that is going around .......

Haven't been this ill for a long time
Had a sore throat last week
Dry cough
Bearable
Sat,Sunday turned into limited breathing and sharp short barking for coughs .No voice
Off work today
Half way through my wake up routine of coughing up lime green lumps
Up at 3.15...... bloody coughing
I'm sleeping canny but my throat after that long with no fluids isn't pleasant
It's great when you're at deaths door and text people and they reply
I've had it since before Christmas , you've seen them all that time and they were fine with a little cough or whatever
Like I had last week until it floored me

Last edited:
Grim this like.

Kids have it bad again. Went to the Dr yesterday and told it was ‘viral’.

Last night, none stop coughing from either bedroom. Both due back at school today so had to keep them off and I have to use an annual days leave as got no childcare. Im fortunate my boss and job is flexible to allow me to have the time but can now appreciate why some people have to take their kids to school if they can’t take time off at the drop of a hat and don’t have childcare.

This has been a lot worse than when any in our house had COVID.

What a nightmare.

Feeling about 90% of my normal self now. Still coughing like mad but it a lot coming up any more. Been a good three weeks now.

Urgh. Sinuses feel like I'm underwater. Shattered all the time and sleep schedule is all over the shop.
Got some steroid spray thing of the doctor for mine it's took is eight weeks to see him this cold flu whatever it is just keeps morphing into something else. Done in!

Still got sinus bother here and still coughing. Not sleeping well because I keep waking up needing to blow my nose or cough. I'm getting through a ton of extra strong mints as the taste is vile when it drips down the back of my throat during the day.

Still got sinus bother here and still coughing. Not sleeping well because I keep waking up needing to blow my nose or cough. I'm getting through a ton of extra strong mints as the taste is vile when it drips down the back of my throat during the day.
Scraped a layer of skin off the inside of my nose from blowing it all the time. Getting very tedious now.

Just got out of hospital sat there with my son by his bed since early hrs Monday morning.His flu was actually meningitis,collapsed on the bathroom floor out of nowhere and blue lighted to hospital due to his breathing and the pain in his head.

I’ve never prayed before but I put my hand’s together and I prayed 5am Tuesday morning for him to be ok and please wake up.Terrifying.

It’s thankfully the viral strain and he’s back home resting up etc.

Just got out of hospital sat there with my son by his bed since early hrs Monday morning.His flu was actually meningitis,collapsed on the bathroom floor out of nowhere and blue lighted to hospital due to his breathing and the pain in his head.

I’ve never prayed before but I put my hand’s together and I prayed 5am Tuesday morning for him to be ok and please wake up.Terrifying.

Bloody hell, that's terrifying. Hope he continues to make good progress.

Hope he gets better soon mate

Sorry to hear that marra.

Hope he’s on the mend soon.

Contemplating work tomorrow after being floored by it on Saturday
Had it all last week but just a cough and throat like we all get
Then bosh, totally wiped out
The noise my chest was making ,scary .
I have a low immune system which doesn't help

What a relief! Kids eh? Constant worry

All the best to the lad and the rest of the Dilf clan.

Back