This £20 million

I’m still unsure how this works. How do you borrow from the club to buy the club then write it off. Am I missing something or are these owners thieves.
My interpretation of it is.....

The owners bought a business that had some guaranteed income (£35m in parachute payments). They bought the club from Ellis Short and agreed to pay him in instalments. They used the parachute money to pay off Ellis Short (so effectively used the guaranteed income to buy the club).

At that point, they don't owe the club anything, but agreed to pay back the £35m over a number of years. After paying back around £15m of it, they removed the obligation to pay but still intend to pay

The owners bought a business that had some guaranteed income (£35m in parachute payments). They bought the club from Ellis Short and agreed to pay him in instalments. They used the parachute money to pay off Ellis Short (so effectively used the guaranteed income to buy the club).

At that point, they don't owe the club anything, but agreed to pay back the £35m over a number of years. After paying back around £15m of it, they removed the obligation to pay but still intend to pay

Err, what about the Club debt to SBC? That was paid off from the Parachute payments and had to be paid, and was, wasn’t it?

I’m still unsure how this works. How do you borrow from the club to buy the club then write it off. Am I missing something or are these owners thieves.
Ellis wanted £40m and to leave the club debt free but SD wanted to pay in instalments with £15m up front.

Ellis agreed but if the up front fee was £25m lower he’d leave £25m of the debt to be paid off later.

SD intended for the parachute payments to go straight to Ellis (drumaville) to pay off the remainder but efl rules state they have to go to the club. This meant they had to move the £20m from club accounts creating a debt which they’ve since written off.

Whether Ellis knew they were never intending to make up the remainder of the £40m themselves I don’t know. Personally think it’s a shitty trick.

Err, what about the Club debt to SBC? That was paid off from the Parachute payments and had to be paid, and was, wasn’t it?

same thing. the price they paid ellis short included a further £25 million that they had to pay him with 2 years or whatever. they received the parachute payment, and forwarded that to ellis short, which effectively paid him off and left the club £25 million short

They don't intend to pay it back. They've written it off as exceptional operational costs. What are these operational costs? The whole deal is to benefit them and not the club.

I thought Short paid off the SBC debt when he sold the club? Is that how we were "debt-free" when he sold us?

I have paid off all debts owed by the club to leave it financially strong and debt free for the first time since years before I owned
They don't intend to pay it back. They've written it off as exceptional operational costs. What are these operational costs? The whole deal is to benefit them and not the club.
It's their money to do with as they see fit. They ow the club and therefore they own all money coming into it

Last edited:
It was just resting in Donald's account.
for a rainy day
Ellis wanted £40m and to leave the club debt free but SD wanted to pay in instalments with £15m up front.

Ellis agreed but if the up front fee was £25m lower he’d leave £25m of the debt to be paid off later.

SD intended for the parachute payments to go straight to Ellis (drumaville) to pay off the remainder but efl rules state they have to go to the club. This meant they had to move the £20m from club accounts creating a debt which they’ve since written off.

Whether Ellis knew they were never intending to make up the remainder of the £40m themselves I don’t know. Personally think it’s a shitty trick.
I agree

So if they don’t pay, have they effectively stolen money. I’m being serious by the way.
Abracadabra......that's how multimillionaire's roll....ask Manure fans....
Did the Glaziers borrow from banks though and not the clubs own funds.
Explain
same thing. the price they paid ellis short included a further £25 million that they had to pay him with 2 years or whatever. they received the parachute payment, and forwarded that to ellis short, which effectively paid him off and left the club £25 million short
So if they don’t pay that remaining money are they thieves
I thought they borrowed this £9-12 million for these operational costs though.

Last edited:
I thought Short paid off the SBC debt when he sold the club? Is that how we were "debt-free" when he sold us?

It's their money to do with as they see fit. They ow the club and therefore they own all money coming into it
It wasn’t their one though was it
Also didn’t SD say that these Americans were not investing in the club but in Donald himself. At first I didn’t think too much about it until the season card renewals are due up. This got me thinking that this season card money is also in effect us mugs investing in Donald. No more lads get your coats and get back to Oxford where you belong hey.

Last edited:
They'll have £1400 less from me next season to "do as they see fit". f***ing robbers.

Doubt they will be bothered.

There's still plenty of fans who will go and support the team and not try and are not nose deep into Private Detective Work for Dummies!

It's getting really boring now all of this witch hunting and second guessing.

for a rainy day

I agree

So if they don’t pay, have they effectively stolen money. I’m being serious by the way.

Did the Glaziers borrow from banks though and not the clubs own funds.

Explain

So if they don’t pay that remaining money are they thieves

I thought they borrowed this £9-12 million for these operational costs though.

Still dumped their debt on the klerb, allegedly.....

Back