Thirteen developments coming to Sunderland

I was told by members of staff there..i was dropping my Niece off at trampolining and i asked why it was closing..‘because it hardly gets used’..mind at this time the pool and ice rink were already shut…the five a side area and the badminton and squash courts were empty.

Fuck me the anti council dullards will have a field day slagging these off.
They should produce a book of the buildings for them to colour in
Its my favourite thing about FB to be honest. Reading the comments of absolute nuggets whinging on about nowt. Can guarantee there's always one daft owld wife saying 'What about a leisure centre for the kids'
Great old pic of the derry on there this week
"They've ruined it now " ,"back then it had atmosphere " (pic was an empty bar )

Last edited:
Bollix, squash was busy, 5 a side got used. It was deliberately run down in the end. There is a need for similar place in sunderland. It would bring people into centre. Most people with kids go to Shields gor the pool n slides.
It was during those last years that I actually started to play a bit squash down there, and you’re bang on, it was neglected and it actually stopped me playing, court was coming up, dead spots all over…turned into a farce in the end. I do recon there was a place for a sporting facility in the town centre, but with many gyms all over, many swimming pools and a big sports hall over the Beacon, it’s demand has now more than likely be diluted.

Bollix, squash was busy, 5 a side got used. It was deliberately run down in the end. There is a need for similar place in sunderland. It would bring people into centre. Most people with kids go to Shields gor the pool n slides.
Well it was members of staff who told me that no one was using it..i walked through the changing rooms..empty..squash courts..empty..five a side..empty..there was a small play area for toddlers and a few kids doing gymnastics and trampolining..place was deserted.

Well it was members of staff who told me that no one was using it..i walked through the changing rooms..empty..squash courts..empty..five a side..empty..there was a small play area for toddlers and a few kids doing gymnastics and trampolining..place was deserted.
I used it for the five a side league right until the end and there was no one in ,we would go to the bar upstairs after ,empty

chicken and the egg as to people or funds went first
if somethings a big earner for the coffers you keep it going . Times changed ,i cant say i lioed going to the baths in 1976 it was just one of a few things available to kids

Back