Thinking of getting VR

Yeah head movement acts like a mouse then you will use your arms to aim with the controller. I don't think there is a cross hair on Half life but it's been ages since I played so could be wrong. There isn't a massive amount of AAA games that use VR but you can get Skyrim and Fallout etc. Look on steam for others.
What’s the steam vr thing like mate, any idea?

Just installed a Bobo Head strap thingy on the bairn's new Quest2. The original strapping was pretty terrible, and awful if we wanted to swap between us.
So far, I think this is going to be much much better. Mind, wants to be for nearly a ton (came with case and battery pack)

Also found some old glasses that were a little smaller, and don't get stuck on the sides, so I'll be able to see properly now!

Seems canny so far, although watching her play on it on the telly is so jerky, it makes me feel sick - No, not using it, watching it on telly. Ironic! :lol:

Our lad loves his quest VR, thankfully he doesn't stream it to the TV much as.it makes me feel sick watching it.

Games are pretty reasonable for it as well

In the end, I caved and got a second hand PSVR over Xmas and some prescription lenses for it which have been brilliant.

I’ve been pootling about mining stuff all owa in No Mans Sky and just f***ing loving it.

Did a bit of Skyrim and thought the dragon at the start was cool but keep going back to NMS.
Get Statik. Honestly. Best game I’ve ever played in vr.

They have a free trial so I’ll give it a go!

I found some egg thing in No Man’s Sky last night. I shot it and promptly got attacked by some green human sized mantis monsters. In VR.

Nearly shat myself.
Let me know what you think. For me, it’s just an ideal vr setup. You’re sat in a chair with your hands locked in a box that has buttons and stuff on that correspond to the controller buttons in your actual hands and you have to work out how to unlock the box. It’s also got a very unnerving eerie feeling as you’re playing. A scientist whose face is constantly blurred out gives you instructions in a calm and anxiety inducing way. I must admit to being so stuck on a few levels that I had to google some hints. Only hints though…a walkthrough would give it away too much!

Back