Thinking of getting a Red Hot Chilli Peppers tattoo

I'm thinking of getting a RHCP tattoo. But not sure if its worth the bother, because i don't like the band. But if i get it, then i start liking their music further down the line, or if one of them dies it's a good investment as prices for tattoos will go up if one of them dies and there's more demand
A good investment, you do know they are quite hard to sell?

I know a bloke with a Pearl Jam tattoo and I don’t think he could name 1 song by them.

I reckon he must've thought he'd end up liking them and planned for that time, then he probably heard them.

That's the dilemma I've got. I'm gonna look like a right idiot if I start liking RHCP and think I have missed out on getting a tattoo in advance.
A good investment, you do know they are quite hard to sell?

Aye but with inflation, if i get it done now for £25*, in a few years its probably gonna cost £40, so I'm saving £15 by acting early.

*all figures are guesses.

Last edited:
Personally I wouldnt bother.

RHCP are shit, and given the stage of their career theyre at now theyre unlikely to get any better. Save your money.

3 pages in and I still don’t get it! My sense of humour obviously isn’t as good as the OPs.

Well people often say that if you get tattoos you often regret them later in life don't they?
I reckon I'd really regret getting a Red Hot Chilli Peppers tattoo, because I don't even like them. This is why I threw it open to the public, to get the benefit of a wider perspective.
I'm thinking of getting the tattoo but unsure, so thought I'd try to get some advice.

Juju
Thinking getting a Red Hot Chilli Peppers tattoo, but the problem is, I don't really like their music very much.
I'm not sure whether to scrap the idea or just get it done and hope their music grows on me.

Anbody got any advice on what to do?
Tats for Scrats.

Well people often say that if you get tattoos you often regret them later in life don't they?
I reckon I'd really regret getting a Red Hot Chilli Peppers tattoo, because I don't even like them. This is why I threw it open to the public, to get the benefit of a wider perspective.
I'm thinking of getting the tattoo but unsure, so thought I'd try to get some advice.
You’re not thinking of getting the tattoo tho, you’re trying to be witty/clever and I don’t get it which is annoying me.

Then don't get a tattoo of a band you are ambivalent about, get one of a band that you actively hate and whose music is irredeemably bad, like 2 Unlimited or Bewitched. That way you definitely won't regret it in later life, you will regret it immediately.

Then don't get a tattoo of a band you are ambivalent about, get one of a band that you actively hate and whose music is irredeemably bad, like 2 Unlimited or Bewitched. That way you definitely won't regret it in later life, you will regret it immediately.
Bewitcheds version of roller-coaster was incredible

Back