Things you regret not doing?

Often think I should have made more of the chances I was given in my line of work, getting an early start about 17 year ago. Spent most of my time taking the wages and going out on the piss.

Then I think maybe I should have gone to uni when I was younger. I've found not having a degree has stopped a couple of opportunities in their tracks.

Maybe moving away. I planned to but but it off and put it off. I know lads in my line who've gone to work in Edinburgh, London, New York, San Francisco, New Zealand... too late now.

Regrets with lasses come into two categories. Not knowing any better and should have known better.

Can't complain though. The path I've taken has done me well. Happy with my lot.

If you think you're too good for the north east then piss off back to wherever you came from.

Take a hike pipsqueek.

Most people's biggest regrets are not moving away when the opportunity arose, take the chance, the North East will always welcome you back!

Agreed, by no means the worst place to live, but there are also places that are more preferable to some....

Last edited:
A couple of mates had also been through her.

Didn't that put you off?

A PhD in Chemistry

Several "WTF were you doing?" moments where I was a gent (more like dipstick)

Buying a house around 1997 when the company I worked for would have paid stamp duty, removals, solicitors' fees and survey costs. Would have far fewer financial worries if I'd bought a house back then.

Last edited:
I went out with a "Kirsty" when I was 17 back in 1996, she broke my heart :cry: :lol:

Have not seen her since 2003, untill a few weeks back, on the way to the match driving through redmire where she now lives, a surreal moment !

Been through alot since 1996, probably made me a stronger person!
I saw an ex a couple of years back I hadn't seen in 20 years. It really threw me. Took a few days to shift the strange feeling.

The amount of times that happened and I missed the signals when I look back.

Proper slag was Helen.
By the time I even knew there were signals, never mind read them ,it was too f***ing late .

Bucking Helen after finding out she fancied Brian Griffin.

Everyone knows a Helen. Even I do ffs and I only leave the house to put the bins out.
A mate of mine "had" a lass ower a bin . She was eating a fish lot at the time . Classy lassy .

Helen and I were in the back of a taxi and she told me wasn't wearing knickers under her skirt.

How 18 year old me missed this sign is beyond me.
If she'd stuck her blart on the end of me nerb I'd have missed it .

Last edited:
Probably not sticking in during sixth form. Loved the lash and the parties.

Didn’t get in to my first choice Uni, but that in turn opened the door for me to go the states and meet the future missus (no) :cool:

If only I stuck in at school!!:eek::lol:

I'm not mentally strong enough to commit to studying Nooks, I'm exhausted as it is (hopefully once my weight / physical health improves I'll have more energy and may look to doing something then) xx
Are you back losing weight ? Good lass, stick with it , it's a life saver and a life changer . Let me know when you're a size 10 .:D

Shagging an absolutely marvellous lass at a conference in York.

Sat on a sofa together and she starts pulling me towards her. I was with someone at the time and it would have got back to her as they had mutual friends so I made my excuses and left.

So a fine balance between the aggro that would have ensued and the fact she was absolutely stunning.
I've had some of that . It was a mates wife . I, like you couldn't do it . Christ I did some wanking though .

I bucked a Helen from work last year, big hands from what I remember, decent gusset like.
Big hands is a turn-off, makes ya cock look small . Tommy Docherty telt uz .

Canny, still avoiding all refined sugar, I'll find out at the beginning of October for my next weigh in with the nurse. 6kg in a month, happy with that tbh xx

Last edited:
Most people's biggest regrets are not moving away when the opportunity arose, take the chance, the North East will always welcome you back!
Spending almost 20 years away from the north east and then returning to Sunderland was the best thing I ever did in life. It made me the cow I am now.

Moooooo!

Back