Things You Really Miss

He-man jellies from woolies
Remember one Christmas being a shortage of them and couldn't get them anywhere in murton

My stocking had loads in on Christmas morning and remember asking my mam where she thought santy had managed to get them from :D

Yep a bad year for cats. 2 due to old age (within weeks of each other) and 1 (a rescue) due to a previous infection on his lungs. They are still a huge miss, even though I now have a lively 6 month old kitten.
Me too. My Monty died in my arms this summer.
Still not really over it. Can't face getting another one.

Few peeps saying squash. I really miss playing too.

Being able to eat and drink what I liked without putting weight on.

Going out around the pubs on Christmas Eve.

My mother - she's still alive but doesn't have a clue who I am any more.

The excitement of Christmas as a child.

The joy of seeing the bairns come downstairs to see their presents, believing in Santa.

Being able to have a civil conversation with the wife.

Sorry if the above is a bit maudlin.

The joy of seeing the bairns come downstairs to see their presents, believing in Santa.

You could go out on Christmas Eve, meet a nice new wife, wake up in bed with her and have a present, and then take her to visit your mam.

There's so many things i miss but nothing compares to not having my mam and dad around anymore. There's so many things I wish I had said to them when I had the chance. Too late now of course.

Snap

Usually the toilet bowl when I get up for a piss in the middle of the night after 10 pints

Bet you miss majority of the time without the excuse of blaming the beer... remember anything more than 3 shakes could lead to a messy end..:eek:

Last edited:
Energy, crap getting old and not being able to do all those things you once did without effort.

i've only just turned 50 and started to get up out of the chair with a 'hup' noise :)

anyway, back on track. i miss my mam and dad. my mam would always get me some jelly tots and a big tin of peanuts for christmas. the last couple of years since she died the mrs has carried on that tradition. might be a little thing but means the world to me.

I would give 10 years of my life for one christmas day with me mam dad ,grandparents and great uncles .....I never really think of my uncle Rob..great fella..worked for 40 years in the glass factory used to pick me up from school on his pushbike..happy memories !Even my old grandpa who always spoke to you as if you had just nicked his last woodbine.....was a tank driver in the first world war and drove trains all his life had a heart of gold under ten inches of raptor teeth.All gone now so dont be maudling just go and make some new memories to pass on ..live for today as yesterday has gone and tomorow will take care of itself!

Yep, got to watch the weight creeping up mate.

Don't miss going out on Christmas Eve

My dad is in a pretty much similar way. Shit, isn't it. Breaks me heart when he does not recognise his own grandchildren.

Great wasn't it

Still get that, thankfully.

Still get that one as well as she is a diamond.

Merry Christmas, marra;)

Back