Things You Didn’t Know

Just discovered today why trains are “stabled” and not parked in train sheds/depots...

Apparently it goes back to the days when people only had the option of horse/horse and cart for travelling, so after their journey the horses were stabled, so when the trains came along, the term was carried over for their use.

There’s a few instances where horse related terminology is carried over to the new variant. I believe there is still a car sales place named Hexham Horseless Carriages.

60% of people, worry, that they care far more, about somebody, than that person cares about them.

Daydreaming is good for the brain.
(I do a LOT of daydreaming) 😊

Not having enough sex, puts people at risk, of suffering from, anxiety, depression and paranoia (and I thought it was, all down to SAFC) :lol:
Just learned that too many commas make for difficult reading

The M11 motorway has the longest uninterrupted stretch of all the motorways in Britain. It’s between junctions 8 and 9 and runs for 15.2 miles

Wait till you get old, then you will forget loads and think you have learned new things ;)

I told my dad (70 odd) a joke the other day. He laughed his bollocks off until I reminded him that it was one of his old jokes from when I was a bairn. He stopped laughing when the realisation kicked in that his memory is now shit.

I felt bad about it afterwards like.

I told my dad (70 odd) a joke the other day. He laughed his bollocks off until I reminded him that it was one of his old jokes from when I was a bairn. He stopped laughing when the realisation kicked in that his memory is now shit.

I felt bad about it afterwards like.

What was the joke then?

That Wednesday only has two syllables!

The Chase asked yesterday which day of the week has most syllables and the answer was Saturday.

I'm like, "What about Wed-ns-day?"

Looked it up and it's pronounced "wenz-dey".

Mind blown and everything I know is now wrong :(

An annual salary of £20,250 puts you in the world's top 1% of earners
Hate stats like this. Sure, its technically correct (the best type of correct), but doesn't factor in local costs whatsoever.

Ironically, a salary of £20k could make you the king of some places, but could be abject poverty in others.

i didn’t know that somebody thought the euro lottery had something to do with the EU.

You know what else I don’t know? I don’t know what I don’t know.

Northumberland is twice the size of Luxembourg

Last edited by a moderator:
That Wednesday only has two syllables!

The Chase asked yesterday which day of the week has most syllables and the answer was Saturday.

I'm like, "What about Wed-ns-day?"

Looked it up and it's pronounced "wenz-dey".

Mind blown and everything I know is now wrong :(
I heard that as well and was sceptical.
i didn’t know that somebody thought the euro lottery had something to do with the EU.

You know what else I don’t know? I don’t know what I don’t know.

Northumberland is twice the size of Luxembourg
Watching Countryfile at the weekend?

Back