Things You Didn’t Know

That Wednesday only has two syllables!

The Chase asked yesterday which day of the week has most syllables and the answer was Saturday.

I'm like, "What about Wed-ns-day?"

Looked it up and it's pronounced "wenz-dey".

Mind blown and everything I know is now wrong :(

It’s not. The internet is lying.
Watching Countryfile at the weekend?

Of course. I didn’t know that. I do now. I even looked it up. On the internet.

But you can’t trust the internet because it pronounces Wednesday incorrectly apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Hiroshima bomb was so inefficient that the amount of matter which converted to Energy and levelled the city was about 0.8 Grams, the size of a paperclip.

1/ Despite inventing Fibre Optic Communication back in 1966, the UK has some of the lowest speeds and % coverage of the developed world.
2/ In March 2019 the UK clawed its way on to a list of the top 64 countries using fibre optic communication.
3/ It currently sits in 63rd position ahead of Jordan but is predicted to be the world leader by 2025.
4/ A single fibre optic core with a diameter of 125 microns (width of a human hair) can host 37 million telephone calls at the same time.
5/ I am currently attending a fibre optic splicing course and boring lots of people with these facts.

Heading down your way this Saturday. Easy win for the Moors.
I know nowt about football - i'm a Sunland supporter. 😉
You'll walk past, or meet, more psychopaths, than you can shake a shitty stick at, here in British West Hartlepool.
Plenty of psycho's, but no monkey's.
Enjoy your time here, but be careful with your accent.
The last poor bastard that couldn't make itself understood, was hanged on the beach, over on the Headland. :eek: :lol:

Back