Things you buy in bulk

Missed you by 2 days then.

I buy a lot of chicken supremes and diced lamb for curries. I got Mooli as well because I needed to make a curry gravy base.
Bolams is top drawer like. The rump steaks are fantastic and dead cheap. The pies etc from the counter are lovely too and you know the meat in them is top quality. Its on my doorstep too so just pop in as and when I need something

My grandmother stockpiles loo roll. Last time I went in the attic, I noticed around 20 multipacks (24x) and there's at least 20 in the lav itself. Strange behaviour.

Gallon of chilli sauce is a canny bit be having to eat it with every meal to use it all before passes its date.

Your bot must be lifting :lol:

I posted on that I was having spicy jambalaya 2 meals a day for about a fortnight.

My arse was completely ruined.

Back to just once or twice a week. Unfortunately for my arse I’ve got into a rut of making curries.

To paraphrase R Kelly:
My tastebuds are telling me yes, but my arse is telling me no.

“The Things You Buy In Bulk”. Not a lot of people know that this was the working title of a 10cc hit single from the 1970s.

Bog roll, kitchen roll, soap, cling film and sea salt all from Amazon.

Is there owt else worth buying in large quantities? Non perishables of course.

Just treated myself to a gallon of this stuff as well:
Logon or register to see this image
Classy.

Me - nowt. (OK I get a years worth of Jonny B off amazon:oops::D)

Her - bogroll, kitchen roll, rice, nappies, baby wipes, yoghurts, Tony Chachere’s Cajun Seasoning, oats, kenke, protein shakes, oil for her dreadlocks, skin cream, pens, mini juice boxes for the bairn, and Christ knows what all else.

She’s turning the gaff into a chuffing warehouse. We argue about this all the time. She doesn’t understand that aside from making the gaff look like Walmart (spacious modern house but not a lot of cupboards) it’s a false economy to have so much of your money lashed out in stuff that may be cheaper in bulk but your dosh is sitting around in shelves and cupboards for months.

Me Ma was exactly the same when she discovered macro. Totally sucked in by the cheaper bulk prices so we had wass Tupperwares of raisins, walnuts, sugar, flour, etc blocking up the kitchen all for the one cake per year that she’d make. And nobody would even eat!

Back