Things you’ve only just learned...

oddbod

Winger
No it’s right the Krays were held there.

The Tina Turner song ‘What’s love Got To Do With It’ was offered first tomCliff Richard, who rejected it, and the original recorded version was by Bucks Fizz.
They were in national service there and one of them battered a sergeant....do I suppose your right but it wasn't because they were anything special.

The total tonnage of the Royal Navy is as much as the German, French and Italian navies combined.

439,200 tonnes (815,200 tonnes including the Royal Fleet Auxiliary).

Last edited:

safcftm91

Full Back
The total tonnage of the Royal Navy is as much as the German, French and Italian navies combined.

439,200 tonnes (815,200 tonnes including the Royal Fleet Auxiliary).
Only because of those two carriers we've got. Could say that four Americas Nimitz class have the same tonnage as our whole fleet.

alexander

Striker
Apparently hipsters are on their way out. And are being overtaken by oapsters. According to my daily newspaper oapsters will be a big thing in 2020. It describes youngish folk who live like their grandparents did, grow their own vegs, cook from scratch, eat cake and not affraid of white bread, smoke pipes, don't listen to chart music beyond the 1980s and wear comfy clothes.

Apparently hipsters are on their way out. And are being overtaken by oapsters. According to my daily newspaper oapsters will be a big thing in 2020. It describes youngish folk who live like their grandparents did, grow their own vegs, cook from scratch, eat cake and not affraid of white bread, smoke pipes, don't listen to chart music beyond the 1980s and wear comfy clothes.

Do for me Cher.

Looks like I need to start growing my own veg. I'm going to miss my Britpop collection though.

Albay3037

Winger
There’s a device for women if they are caught short while in the car and it’s called a shewee, I thought it was a joke until I actually saw it on Amazon :eek:

There’s a device for women if they are caught short while in the car and it’s called a shewee, I thought it was a joke until I actually saw it on Amazon :eek:
Not sure its for in the car, think its so they can piss standing up against a fence for example at a music festival. Seen them on telly about 10 year ago. A place where public toilets may be disgusting

Scimmy

Striker
Not sure its for in the car, think its so they can piss standing up against a fence for example at a music festival. Seen them on telly about 10 year ago. A place where public toilets may be disgusting
There used to be bottles for men to piss in in the car years ago. They were called Car Johns.

Last edited:

nahwee

Midfield
The distance, coast to coast, of Australia, is roughly the same as the diameter of the Moon.
So when you look at the Moon you’re something the size of Australia.

The distance, coast to coast, of Australia, is roughly the same as the diameter of the Moon.
So when you look at the Moon you’re something the size of Australia.
Mind blown! The moon at its closest is 30 times farther away than Australia. So if we could see Australia it would look huge. We would be able to easily see the fires!
And I’m an engineer!